no spot removal tool? f(O_o)

... i've been digging around trying to find a plugin for 'spot removal', but haven't had any luck.  am i missing it?  i've found only one post in a all the forums that even mentions the word "spot" (trust me, i've exhausted the Search functionality).

thanx!

web

This tutorial will do what you are looking for, though it isn't quite the "one click solution" you want. With a few run-throughs, though, you will find it really isn't as complicated as it first appears.
  • Like 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Tried Effects >Noise > Remove Noise?

Here are some other options:

Remove Dust

or

Color Inpainting

or

Fill Gaps

best option

Selection Obscure

• Like 1

Noise removal is the best for my observation. I set it down to radius at 10 and .20 to .50

You can also use a selection circle and hit that area with a wee bit of blur. It has helped me quite a few times doing this.

You can circle select copy/paste to a layer above add blur and then adjust layer properties to blend it.

• Like 1

... thanx for all the replies!!  d-(^^,)

the Noise>Median works well for certain situations (just cumbersome)... i also use K>B (Color Picker > Brush) for areas where no detail is needed.  will have to check out PDNNoob's re-post when i have more time.  i get a lot of white-out marks in my scans that i'd like a quick/easy way to correct 'em en-mass.  the 'Remove Dust' does work slightly, but nowhere near enough.  i'll have to check out some of the other options y'all listed!

thanx again!