Installing on a win 7 pc, the status bar just hangs

I am having trouble installing on a win 7 pc, the status bar just hangs at about 3/4 done, then after about 10 minutes the bar reverses and it stays blank indefinitely until I use the task manager to close the installer. What a I doing wrong? please help. <email removed>

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Removed email.

Hi ak49!  That's a neat username you have there ;)

I've split your post out from the thread where you originally posted it.  It makes sense to have it's own thread where discussion can be restricted to your individual problem.

I've also removed your posted email address.  Posting your email in an open forum is an invitation to spammers to flood your inbox with rubbish.

• 1 month later...

Before installing Paint.net, right-click the mouse on the installer file and pick "Properties" then select "Compatibilty Mode" and try an earlier version of Windows such as XP SP3. Also make sure "Run As Administrator" is checked as that could also prevent PDN from installing properly. Hope it helps! :D

compatibilitys.png

RFX5A1.jpg

RFX, no, that won't help. It's a very bad idea to take an installer designed and tested for your OS version and run it in compatibility mode for a previous OS version.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg