[Request] Auto-Expand Selection

Hello,
I want a plugin for Paint.NET and i will show what i want to say in some pictures.
For this exemple i will have :
A.
a transparent image (800x600)
B.
a red ball image (32x32)
   w0nAW6h.png

I have the A image.
   650b2251767bb4a5de46cf8dbc1a4df8.png

2. I copyed and pasted the ball image B on the A image.
   d0b0c3f04de7f2a391743b47b55cb7d9.png

3. Now what plugin i want to make is to expand the ball B selection on the all A screen/canvas.
   af38eac70712c46481ea09d9e0f53dd4.png
Now the ball image B will be expanded on the all screen of A.
c20a81d3466b8bc51fb55b1baad2d533.png
c82f544a138fa36233773255332ec3ee.png

Someone can make this plugin ?
Thanks.

Edited by Maybe0ne

Using the move tool, hold shift while you drag a corner to resize while constraining to original proportions.

Use the arrow keys for precise adjustments.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Using the move tool, hold shift while you drag a corner to resize while constraining to original proportions.

Use the arrow keys for precise adjustments.

I know what you want to say.

I have like 65 pictures and i need to rezise all and will took a lot of time to rezise and save and open , etc...

Instead of using the move tool, try this:

1. Open the image as is (don't copy to a new image or anything, just open the image)

2. Press ctrl+r and, with the "maintain aspect ratio" box checked, resize the image to whichever dimension you hit first.

3. Press ctrl+shift+r and change the other dimension as needed.

For example, open your example image you used above. It's square, and your desired final image size is a landscape rectangle, so resize to the vertical dimension. Then, go on to step three and change the horizontal canvas size.

Effectively, then, it only takes two steps this way. Not as good as a one step solution, but...

I'm no programmer, so I can't make the plugin for you. I'm just giving you the workarounds I know, so take it or leave it.

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Plugins may NOT manipulate the selection region.  In fact they are constrained to it.  So a plugin of this type is not possible.  Sorry.

It could be possible, though, EER, if you make the plugin resize the object to the selection (or to the image boundaries if no selection is present).

I don't mean to be condescending at all (because I have no idea how to code), but if you just take a resizing algorithm and tell it to adjust the size of an object to match the rectangular dimensions of a selection...then again, I'm no programmer, so I haven't a clue if that's a viable solution.

Edited by pdnnoob

I mean that a plugin cannot make the selection larger or change it's shape.  The bounds of the selection must remain unchanged.

Instead of using the move tool, try this:

1. Open the image as is (don't copy to a new image or anything, just open the image)

2. Press ctrl+r and, with the "maintain aspect ratio" box checked, resize the image to whichever dimension you hit first.

3. Press ctrl+shift+r and change the other dimension as needed.

For example, open your example image you used above. It's square, and your desired final image size is a landscape rectangle, so resize to the vertical dimension. Then, go on to step three and change the horizontal canvas size.

Effectively, then, it only takes two steps this way. Not as good as a one step solution, but...

I'm no programmer, so I can't make the plugin for you. I'm just giving you the workarounds I know, so take it or leave it.

Will be a smooth image , not a pixelate one :(.

Pdnnoob's original response I think will be the best one. If you need to get rid of the excess, use the "Crop to Selection" tool.

Pixelation occurs when you expand a low resolution image. If you look at a newspaper from a distance, it looks quite clear. Now get up close or use a magnifying glass & you can see the individual dots that make up the print. Pixels are square, so the higher the resolution, the smoother the curve will be. Increasing the size only will make it look blocky or squareish. 

That is why I start images at 4 times the final size if less than 1920 x 1080 or twice the size for images around that size. I then reduce the final image to create a smooth, crisp image. 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

barbie, he wants it pixelated

@Maybe0ne When you resize the image, set the resampling to nearest neighbor.

Edited by pdnnoob

... he wants it pixelated

That's what he's going to get.  It's a natural result from increasing the number of pixels which comprise an image.