Error (Null) @Installation

Hi,

I got an error (don't know which one) when I started paint.net.  So I decided to reinstall it.  After I downloaded the installationfile and try to install it, I got the following Error:

errorepx.png

Sorry for the german error window

I looked around in some forums and found a lot solution, which still doesn't work.

I tried:

• Reinstall .net-framework
  • Chance culture (don't know exactly if it worked because I got only win7 professional x64)
  • Furthermore I don't find the regestrie entry

I got no idea what to do next.

MfG Smilie3

Hi nanettealsop,

I can't repair it when it isn't istalled. I unistalled it because it got an error and it doesn't want to get installed again...

I tried to clean up all folders and regestrie entries after the installtions gives this error but it doesn't work.

Furthermore I looked up the path the error gives in the window (D:\src\...) but it doesn't exist and I don't know why he try to do something on my driver D:\

Thanks for your ideas.

MfG Smilie3

Edited by Smilie3

You need to completely remove the original installation before re-installing.  

Return to the thread that nanettealsop first gave you and thoroughtly read the second post.  There you will find the how-to in the guise of the Windows Installer CleanUp utility.  Be careful with this utility - it is very powerful and not to be used recklessly.

Once the Windows Installer CleanUp utility has removed all traces of the original installation you should be good to download and re-install.

Installed the program and started it, but ther was no entry overall for paint.net. Searched in my folderstructure and my regestrie manually and found a regegstrie entry with paint.net. After I got a backup of the entry I deleted it. But it still shows the same error.

MfG Smilie3