making three figures the same height, into different heights.

badpenny

In other words, I have three men (or little pigs or whatever :) )the same medium height, but I want to make one smaller and one larger than medium.

Is there a way to do that, for a newly proud that she can even move pixels now!?

First off, click on this tool (rectangle select) :RectangleSelectTool: and create a rectangle (or square) around one of the men / little pigs, then click on the move selection tool :MoveSelectionTool: Hold shift on your keyboard and grab one of the corners of the selection, move the corner down while left-clicking your mouse, this will change the size without effecting its overall shape. To make the object larger, move the corner upwards :)

ZXCBOoZ.png

Thank you. To be sure I understand correctly--that's the white move pixels icon not the black?

Hold down the shift key and then use the left mouse key?

I want to also try to move a part of an image but I'm nervous about that. I can delete them if I can use a color that fills the entire thing, but I just can't seem to get the hang of the magic wand and other color tools.

Just take time, I'm sure.

Sorry, it didn't enlarge. The blue box formed around the figure but then when I clicked and moved it, just the box moved not the figure!

You did say left mouse button, didn't you? Maybe I should try the right one. After all, you British drive on the other side of the road from us, so maybe we have different right and lefts! :) [i'm kidding, okay?}

Is there a safe percentage to use not to mess the pixels up too much? Will increasing the dpi help prevent that?

I understood that for the web images, 96 is good. That you don't need 300 dpi? Did I understand correctly?

And thanks I'll try the layers, zoom and see what I get.

No, DPI will not help the resizing. DPI is really only related to print quality and the size of the printed image.

96 PPI (Pixels per Inch) is the resolution of the majority if screens out there, so yes 96 PPI is a good size if the image is going to be viewed on a monitor. You need a lot more information in an image to make it print nicely. A good approximation is three times as many pixels (because 300DPI is roughly 3x 96PPI).

There is no 'safe' resize percentage when enlarging. When reducing, 2x, 4x, 8x..., are considered the most appropriate. In between, Paint.NET defaults to the Best Quality setting to give you the nicest possible result. Of course the actual result will depend on your image.

Thank you all. Right now the simpliest thing to do was what I can do so far--and ask for help through email.

I very much appreciate your info. I may not be able to enlarge yet, but I can move pixels! And that alone is a big help.

I can try to get what I want in MS Paint, save it in photos, copy it in PdN and if it's in the wrong place at least move it around!

More than I could do a few weeks ago. Sorry I can't use Photobucket, but I'm kinda paranoid by putting it out for the general net.