Effect Plug-Ins Advice

Finished Plug-Ins Found Here / Plug-Ins Developer Section & Tutorials Found Here

I found lots of stuff in these 2 threads but nothing on what I had in mind or where to post questions on how to create the effect plug-in I have in mind and this section seems like the right one, hopefully. :D Any advice is greatly appreciated! If the plug-in already exists and I missed it, if anyone can direct me to it, that's also appreciated! Thanks in advance! :D

This was made using "2pic" and is a program I have for pretty much 1 reason only, to fade 2 images cleanly and easily. I would like to make a similar plug-in that has all these options but no idea on if it already exists or if it's even possible to create. Each effect is labeled so you get an idea of what I want to create as my first plug-in. Any info is greatly appreciated!

fadeexamples3.jpg

edit: revised example image :)

Edited by RFX

RFX5A1.jpg

This already exists. It's built into the gradient tool

If you select the gradient tool and go to the gradient settings bar just under the menu (it's the place where you can select the type of gradient), there is an option to switch to "transparency mode." With that, you can fade things out the way you are trying to do. Just paste an image on its own layer and use the gradient tool to fade it however you like.

• Upvote 1

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Thank you pdnnoob & Ego Eram Reputo so much for the info and links! I thought it might be the gradient plug-in but wasn't sure if it had the same effects I had in mind. I will grab it and hopefully can learn how to create Plug-Ins soon as I have tons of ideas on effects and want to create a few as my way of contributimg to the Paint.net community. I noticed tons of help tutorials on how to create them and will go through them all! Thanks again, you guys rock! :D

RFX5A1.jpg