Can't get the Text Tool to Work

I have just installet Paint.Net and am trying to create a eBook cover.

I created a new image, set dimensions and DPI, pasted in an image and now I am trying to insert some text.

I click on the Text Tool then click on the image when I want to put the text but when I try to write the text the Nub moves with every letter I type but nothing gets writen.

This is weird.

Pls advise.

Thanx.

Thanks.

I think I did that and it still did not work; even though I deselected the 2nd layer with the image it would try to write text on it.

Only when I first did the text and then I pasted in the image did it work. And it is all one layer.

Another thing I dk is how to edit the text I already written and move the image I already pasted in.

Only when I first did the text and then I pasted in the image did it work. And it is all one layer.

Am I to understand that on a single layer you put the text, and then on that very same layer you pasted the image and you can still see the text?

Yes, because there is text at the top and text lower down and the image is in the middle and does not cover them.

I have not learned to work with layers yet.

But now I want to edit/move the text and I dk how to effect changes.

This link will give you some insight about layers:

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/LayersWindow.html

The short answer to your question about the text is you can't fix it. Once you've applied the text and gone onto something else, it is no longer text. It then becomes a graphic image itself (this is why you should apply the text to a separate layer - so you can delete the layer and then create a new one). Since you've pasted the image already, they are now 1 piece.

A matter of opinion that I cannot agree with. Have you actually read through the online documentation?