Transparency Plug-In Trouble

I tried to paste transparent letters onto something the same size as what the transparent letter were on, but the checker background (which is SUPPOSIDLY transparent) filled everything but the letters (so basically it replaced the image I guess). How do I paste the transparent letters over something without it replacing the image? Can someone give me a step-by-step guide?

Hi Faxu, welcome to the forum.

Pasting transparent letters is the same as deleting the same shape from a layer. Here's how I would do it:

1. Select the Magic Wand tool :MagicWandTool: and wind the tolerance in the Toolbar down to around 10%.

2. Activate the layer with the text on it.

3. Hold down the shift key and click on the background (i.e. not on any of the letters). This selects everything but the letters.

4. Invert the selection with Ctrl + I.

5. Activate the layer you want to place the letters on.

6. Press Delete.

Or with more details.

Open both images in PDN,

1-Select all text image (or layer if the image is more than one layer): "Edit>Select All" or "Ctrl+A"

2-Copy the text Image : "Edit>Copy" or "Ctrl +C"

Now you want to paste the text on the other image:

4-Paste on a new layer: "Edit> Paste in to New Layer" or "Ctrl+Shift+V

Hint: You can type text in transparent directly on your image by lowering the opacity of the color in the Color Palette, Click more and adjust the Transparency-Alpha slider, but it is safer to type it on a new layer, to keep a copy of the PDN file for future edit.

Edited by yellowman