Swirls

Okay, I know, asking for one tutorial a day in two days may seem kind of greedy...but I just was curious on how to make swirls. I know there's a tentacle tutorial, but it doesn't achieve the same effect really...

swirls-2.jpg

Something like that?

Well it can't be done exactly, but something very similar can be achieved. You'll need this plugin.

Start out by creating a new image. Next create a new layer and select a color from the color palette. Then use the Line/Curve tool (near the bottom of the Tools palette) and draw a line in the center of this new layer. Next goto Effects>Distort>Twist. Then play around with the "Twisting amount" setting, though don't make it go to far from the center, as that'll create a ton of twists when you're looking for parts of a twist or one whole twice.

Repeat this process and keep modifying the twisting amount and direction of the line when you draw it (each on a different layer). Then you can flatten the image or merge all the lines to move them all at once. The final product won't be completely exact, but close to it.

Twist.jpg

You can then use different blending techniques to make it look much better. It should also be noted that changing the size of the line (before you draw it that is), you can create more bold lines, such like the ones in your example.

Sig2.jpg

Okay, I know, asking for one tutorial a day in two days may seem kind of greedy...but I just was curious on how to make swirls. I know there's a tentacle tutorial, but it doesn't achieve the same effect really...

swirls-2.jpg

Something like that?

It's look more like huge capital letters from script font than swirls...

Hi, I'm really new to Paint.NET (by really new, I mean I just installed it less than two days ago) and I was reading over some topics to get some tips. I read through this topic and decided to give it a go, just without the grid plugin. I want to know what you think about it, knowing that a newbie made it.

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a1/Hyp ... splay2.jpg

I don't know if I've done it right because I bet I haven't even seen half of the features from Paint.NET yet. :)

Please let me know what you think.

someone said this before, but no one did it.

and another way to try is to download some script fonts.

http://www.dafont.com/en

take those and make them very big, and move them around, looks like that to me.

Yes I suggested that. This is an example.

Choose the font and the size and mix the capital letters.

swirls.png

Humm, I'm not an artist on this one :oops: !

Yeah I agree, its either a very elaborate font or there are some added twisty lines.

Then, I assume you used gaussian blur, selected that area, inverted, then used the grid plugin in there? ... That's what I should have done :X

Nicely done though :)

Whenever I try to download a font from there or font.com it asked me to pay money.................................

HellRiverSig3_stretch.png