Straighten Tool

You mean automatically rotating an image to level a horizon?

It's not completely automatic, but this plugin should give you that functionality: Composition Tool

Yes. I have been looking for a free image editing program for a client who has taken photos of her paintings. She needs to be able to straighten and crop them. Thanks for your prompt reply

I often use PDN to edit photos I've taken of my oil paintings. I find the Camera lens distortion plugin useful to use first - my camera tends to 'fisheye' at close range, this can correct it.

Oil paintings, in particular, are shiny and sometimes you need to take the photo from a slight angle to avoid unwanted reflections (always best to use daylight if possible). The resulting non-rectangular image can then be straightened with the 'Quadrilateral' reshape plugin Evan's effects. You could then use my composition tool to check the aspect ratio is the same as the original painting.

The 'curves' plugin can also help to get the colours as desired.

Hope these help

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I often use PDN to edit photos I've taken of my oil paintings. I find the Camera lens distortion plugin useful to use first - my camera tends to 'fisheye' at close range, this can correct it.

Oil paintings, in particular, are shiny and sometimes you need to take the photo from a slight angle to avoid unwanted reflections (always best to use daylight if possible). The resulting non-rectangular image can then be straightened with the 'Quadrilateral' reshape plugin Evan's effects. You could then use my composition tool to check the aspect ratio is the same as the original painting.

The 'curves' plugin can also help to get the colours as desired.

Hope these help

Thank you so much for your suggestions. I will certainly give them a go.