Design suggestions/const criticism please

I'm working on this graphic for my website (Peachy Saving - a frugal living/couponing blog). This is my second time revising it. It's possible that I'm being my own worst critic here, but I want to see what you guys think before I post it anywhere.

Santa is a stock graphic. The top text was made glittery by adding noise, outlined (boltbait pack plug-in I think?), and then I added just a tiny bit of glow because it looked too flat. But I feel like it's not clear enough. I tried adding a darker outline around the whole thing and it didn't look right.

I want the text to be kind of bling-y without being over the top.

I'm not 100% satisfied with the line quality around Santa's bag, but I'm fine leaving well enough alone on that.

Please let me know what you think. Even if you don't have any suggestions, I'd still like to know whether you think it's unclear or not.

Thanks!!

post-83690-131921977018_thumb.png

You might like to try Bevel Selection on the text (Bevel Selection is a plugin which can be found in BoltBait's Plugin pack) and be sure to have only the text selected, not the whole layer.

Also you may find it helpful to duplicate the text layer, darken the lower text layer with Brightness/Contrast and move it slightly over in one direction. This shoul give the effect of popping out text.

In regard to the santa bag, if what you mean by line quality is that it looks somewhat pixelated, then the AA's Assistant plugin should take care of that. (AA's Assistant is a graphic designer's best friend);)

Hope that helps and good luck to you.

Sig Battle Wins: 5
DigitalTypographyNightvision.gif
My Gallery
| Smoke>Flames Tutorial

~96% of teens won't stand up for God. Put this in your sig if you're one of the 4% who will

You might like to try Bevel Selection on the text (Bevel Selection is a plugin which can be found in BoltBait's Plugin pack) and be sure to have only the text selected, not the whole layer.

Also you may find it helpful to duplicate the text layer, darken the lower text layer with Brightness/Contrast and move it slightly over in one direction. This shoul give the effect of popping out text.

In regard to the santa bag, if what you mean by line quality is that it looks somewhat pixelated, then the AA's Assistant plugin should take care of that. (AA's Assistant is a graphic designer's best friend);)

Hope that helps and good luck to you.

Tried AA's Assistant (which is also my best friend lol) and the line is so thin that the adjustments either don't make a difference or wipe it out almost entirely.

I tried beveled text and I'm not too thrilled with it. It's hard to bevel script text and it come out right. And with Santa being so 2-D it'd look a little funny if I had the text too 3-D.

I used the pyrochild Trail plugin to create version 3 (attached). I think I like it better.

post-83690-131922640484_thumb.png

Without wanting to seem a grinch myself, there is a section of the Pictorium where you can post images for comment:

Then there is the Image Hospital where you can post images that need work:

Without wanting to seem a grinch myself, there is a section of the Pictorium where you can post images for comment: http://forums.getpai...ad-rules-first/

Then there is the Image Hospital where you can post images that need work: http://forums.getpai...-problems-here/

Oh, I didn't know. I've never ventured far outside the tutorial or general discussion forums. Thanks!