Missing Feature or just not found?

Gobl

Hey Guy I just discovered Paint.Net and found the GUI is very clean and comfortably looking.

For some reasons I'm missing some functions. Maybe I don't found them.

1) Is it not posible to add/remove another selection to/from an existing one?

2) Is it not Posible to edit once created Text.

3) Is there a way to add some Layer Properties?

Like drop shadow, glow, ... (also for Text)

4) Is there a liquify filter brush to shap pictures?

5) Is there a "selection" brush. so that I can creat selections using a brush tool for exactly creation?

Hopefully anyone could help me and solve this maby last problems befor I can use Paint.Net for the rest of my life ;)

1. select a portion then copy.

2.you cannot change the text but you can add effects to them

3.yes but they're not called layer properties they're effects drop shadow is from this pack which is made by krisVDM while glow can be found on effect>photo>glow

4.liquify can be found in this pack which is made by pyrochild

5.i dont think so but there is a way you can do it by: on a new layer draw using your brush what you want to select and the use the magic wand tool to select it.

to install effects a tutorial can be found here which is made by boltbait. more plugins can be found here

Edited by N00Bz

1. Hold control as you make the second selection.

2. There is a plugin that allows you to type text on a blank layer, then return and edit it, but only if you don't change anything on the layer. I think it is called "editable text" but don't quote me on it...

3. Add new layer, place object on layer (in your case, type text), run plugins of your choice.

4&5. What he^ said

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 4 weeks later...

5) "Selection brush" workaround:

- With primary colour set to black, place your brush on a new layer and position it where you want the selection to be. Lower layer opacity, if need be, to be able to see exactly where you're placing it).

- Turn the brush layer visibility off.

- Use the brush layer as a mask to make your selection. (Copy mask brush layer to clipboard, select the layer on which you want to make the selection, Effects > Alpha Mask).

Edited by Djisves

Xkds4Lh.png