Plugin request, line/ pen tool

Hey fokes,

i was wondering if it would be possible to create a plugin that could create a line with different width.

Kinda hard to explain but if anyone knows photoshops pen tool where you can fill stroke, and simulate pressure thats kinda what i am looking for.

It would not have to be an advanced plugin, it would only require 2 features:

1. Max width (the maximum width in the middle of the line)

2. And of course would let you decide where the line should be.

so the plugin should create something like this:

w2h8c9.png

I have great faith in you

Plz help :D

P.S i wanna apoligize for my bad english i hope you understood what i meant. :D

P.S.S i would definitely donate to that plugin

Edited by Teknight

teknightsignb.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yesterday is history - Tomorrow is a mystery

Today is a gift.

So go use Paint.Net before it's to late!

Top of my wish list too.

yea... do you think this is possible at all?...

just wondering why no one have ever made a plugin like this before

teknightsignb.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today is a gift.

I think that they mentioned it before, but all we have to do is wait and see. There are ways to go around that for now in PDN, but it requires a few steps...

How, plzzz tell i really need this feauture. :D

teknightsignb.png

Today is a gift.

1. Draw a line with preferred thickness and you can use either rounded ends or square ends.

2. Make sure your secondary color is set to transparent in the color wheel.

3. Go to the icon that looks like a flask (it's in the same row the line tool is at the top bottomost row)--there will be two options-->Normal Blending and Overwrite. Choose "Overwrite."

4. Go to your line and right-clicking the mouse (which mean you'll be using the secondary color, which is transparent) go to the end of the line and draw a slanted line to get the "tapered" look.

Sometimes when you choose Anti-Aliasing Disabled works better to get a smoother line, but you need to see that for yourself.

5. You need to smooth the ends, so go to AA Assistant plugin and you can use the default settings.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

1. Draw a line with preferred thickness and you can use either rounded ends or square ends.

2. Make sure your secondary color is set to transparent in the color wheel.

3. Go to the icon that looks like a flask (it's in the same row the line tool is at the top bottomost row)--there will be two options-->Normal Blending and Overwrite. Choose "Overwrite."

4. Go to your line and right-clicking the mouse (which mean you'll be using the secondary color, which is transparent) go to the end of the line and draw a slanted line to get the "tapered" look.

Sometimes when you choose Anti-Aliasing Disabled works better to get a smoother line, but you need to see that for yourself.

5. You need to smooth the ends, so go to AA Assistant plugin and you can use the default settings.

Thank you

teknightsignb.png

Today is a gift.

but still, i would really like a plugin ... boltbait.hmm.png

teknightsignb.png

Today is a gift.

• 8 years later...

This is a very old forum topic. Locking.

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/2932-read-first-the-rules-yes-you-read-this-2013-12-21/#11

More recent information about an updated Brush system can be found here:

https://blog.getpaint.net/2018/12/26/whats-next-for-paint-net-in-2019/

If that doesn't address your concern, feel free to open a new topic.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab