Blurring objects on pic and removing these covers (undo this operation)

I don't have experience with graphics so this is hard thing for me. I want to know how to undo the operation of blurring some objects (faces .etc) or whole picture made by brushing those objects that should be covered. I mean, i want to hide someones' face or other shapes, and i use for example "Ellipse" tool and create ellipse filled with black color. I use this ellipse to cover prefered shape on picture. After that i save the picture, then close it. When open again i can't undo this operation with "undo" button. And that's my question - which tool can undo such cover/blurring operations on images that are made long ago or aren't work of mine?

Thanks

Welcome to the forums!

Firstly, if you have done the blurring/covering on a separate layer & saved it as a .PDN, you can delete the offending layers.

If you have flattened it & saved it as anything else but a .PDN then I really don't think there is much you can do about it to get it back to the original.

Posting an example image would have been good.

Lesson here is:

ALWAYS use the "Save As" function to preserve the original.

ALWAYS do as much as possible on separate layers so you can change/alter things without affecting the rest of the image.

ALWAYS save as a .PDN file. Saving as a .PNG (lossless quality & supports transparency) is my preferred choice.

I hope this helps you.

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Welcome to the forums!

Firstly, if you have done the blurring/covering on a separate layer & saved it as a .PDN, you can delete the offending layers.

If you have flattened it & saved it as anything else but a .PDN then I really don't think there is much you can do about it to get it back to the original.

Posting an example image would have been good.

Lesson here is:

ALWAYS use the "Save As" function to preserve the original.

ALWAYS do as much as possible on separate layers so you can change/alter things without affecting the rest of the image.

ALWAYS save as a .PDN file. Saving as a .PNG (lossless quality & supports transparency) is my preferred choice.

I hope this helps you.

Thanks for reply.

I was thinking about this kind of pics:

<snip - not on this forum>

http://www.klotzbucher.com/wp-content/uploads/cimg0179-censored.JPG

Is it possible to uncover, i.e. face of this guy in red socks? I mean, i download now this pic and want to delete this censure to view more. Using only graphic editor like Paint.Net or Gimp, without need to use professional software?

Or one-time hidden face on pic can't be unhidden again? As i said earlier i don't have graphics experience and i don't know a thing about...

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
This is a family friendly forum.

I have removed the first three links you posted. Do NOT make the mistake of making questionable images available on this forum again.

Is it possible to uncover, i.e. face of this guy in red socks? I mean, i download now this pic and want to delete this censure to view more.

No it is not possible to recover parts of an image removed in this way.

I have removed the first three links you posted. Do NOT make the mistake of making questionable images available on this forum again.

No it is not possible to recover parts of an image removed in this way.

I won't repeat my mistake. Thanks for reply.

But why that's not possible?

It's not recoverable. The data is simply not there anymore.

Think of it as cutting out his face on a physical photograph, and then burning the cut-out piece before giving someone the picture. They can't "fix" it any better than you can, without finding another photo of his face to splice in there or just taking a new picture.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!