Blur a picture

Blur a picture

Sometimes I have to put a question in a forum and need to insert a screenshot but when I need to blur part of that image I don't know what to do.

In the present moment I need to blur a screenshot where appear a lot of Thunderbird accounts. I want the destination able to see I have a lot of accounts and filters, but not to able to discover my accounts.

What can i do ?

Please don't blur or pixelate information such as credit card or bank information. It is possible to recover it. In such cases, it is much better to cut it out or completely paint over it with the Paint Bucket tool.

With your particular situation, this level of precaution is probably not necessary, but it's something to keep in mind when dealing with more sensitive information.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You could use Sharpen, but you would be much better to save a copy of the unblurred image.

In this situation I would duplicate the layer before anything else. Toggle the bottom layer's visibility and save as a PDN to preserve the layer structure.

I've replaced your image above with a clickable link. Posted images should not be larger than 800pixels at their largest dimension (Rule #29)