permission to create "Paint.net Massive Package"

this would of course take a LONG time to make, because the plugins are disributed via forum posts.

I would like to get following together

• the interesting-sounding plugins together
  • getpaint.net
  • directx
  • .net 3.5 sp1
  • autorun.inf (for autoplay)
  • NSIS wraparound installer to uninstall old (if necessary to make things function), and install new package and plugins in place.
  • a shortcut to my web site for updates
  • a shortcut to the getpaint.net site for updates (you did know .url files are really easy shortcut destination files to make didn't you, and it points people back to your site? - good for installers)

I would have to learn how to install a plugin)

and put it all on an auto-play cd ISO anybody can burn for free off my web site.

If you want it, I can certainly help you with making your own.

I use cdrtfe to make the cd ISOs, it has a mkisofs.exe port of the unix cdrtools mkisofs for making ISOs. cdrtfe is open source. I wrote a batch file wrapper for the package which simplifies a lot of those switches down to 4 arguments. you need to keep everything in its own directory/folder.

I looked at the license agreement, and I am not entirely sure if I have permission to make something like this.

So - what do you think? Do I have permission? Did you want to share it on your web site? May I share it on mine for free? (I didn't think I could take donations for the work, but if I can, let me know, and I can also point them to your donation page)

I

the kinds of plugins I am looking for are:

• wavelet sharpen: puts the focus back into blurry photos. may take some adjustments to get it the way you like it. all the information for a sharp picture is in a blurry photo, it just needs to be brought out. I am not looking for standard unsharp mask, this does not put focus back into photos it simply blows them out and it doesn't work for large radius.
  • wavelet denoise: takes digital camera noise out of photos, and does a good job.
  • Straighten and Crop - got a photo with the horizon out of kilter? fix it with this. involves picking 2 points along the horizon.
  • mathmap or other well-done image processing plugin - make your own custom filters! visual designer mode and code mode would be nice, visual parameters.
  • support for Adobe Photoshop filter plugins (I think this is this already in paint.net)
  • TWAIN and/or WIA scanner support (I think this is this already in paint.net, but not sure)
  • stereo anaglyphs
  • create scanlines
  • glass
  • mist
  • fake HDR or HDR
  • watermark
  • vista or Aqua button
  • landscape map
  • paper box creator
  • calendar
  • shapes

Nope.

You'd have to get individual permission from every plugin author whose work you wanted to include. It's been tried many times before. It's always a massive failure, and a waste of everyone's time, especially yours.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

Occasionally we get links posted to a compliations of plugins. We remove these links because they are never up to date and users fill the forum with questions about non-working out-of-date plugins. Invariably the answer is for the user to update the plugin to the latest version.

Pyrochild was correct: It's been tried - it fails everytime. Trust me, I maintain the Plugin Index and have a fairly good idea of how many updates there really are to the current list of plugins. Any large compliation of noteable plugins is bound to be out-of-date in days not weeks.

Let's just save all the hassle and tell the users to get them here - where they are always up-to-date.

Occasionally we get links posted to a compliations of plugins. We remove these links because they are never up to date and users fill the forum with questions about non-working out-of-date plugins. Invariably the answer is for the user to update the plugin to the latest version.

Pyrochild was correct: It's been tried - it fails everytime. Trust me, I maintain the Plugin Index and have a fairly good idea of how many updates there really are to the current list of plugins. Any large compliation of noteable plugins is bound to be out-of-date in days not weeks.

Let's just save all the hassle and tell the users to get them here - where they are always up-to-date.

ok, never mind. I forgot that plugins need to be updated a lot (that's a hassle). plugins should be write once I think - I am thinking of the poor user who has to update all those plugins.

glass tiles would be nice, as well as sheet of glass. so would water waves.

For Glass tiles try: Tiles Reflection XL

For water waves, use SEARCH + waves. There are a few wave distorts to choose from.

plugins should be write once I think - I am thinking of the poor user who has to update all those plugins.

OH GOD NEW FEATURES AND BUG FIXES AND COMPATIBILITY WITH NEW VERSIONS OF PAINT.NET WHAT A HASSLE

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!