What could i do with this pic?

Hi all,

My first post here and im a bit stuck for ideas with what to do with the attached image.

I am building a web site and this is my header background, any ideas on how to improve this and get a better look, also need to be able to put text on there for site name etc...

I hope this is the right place to put this question. Also i have attached the image.

Thanks

Stu

45591_8524aec27af0dab6bfe747cec86efe6d

45591_2a54069f8725c82598a53ded25ecbee0

Well, sharpen is always a good start. I recommend the Sharpen+ plugin. Then bump up the contrast slightly, along with the saturation.

Also...well, it's not a bad picture, but it lacks any real point of interest to be a header. Some sort of feature...a foreground tree, a logo, something that breaks up the monotony.

Thus is my recommendation.

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

thanks for the advice, i will get that plugin.

Your definatly right about the lack of a forground feature, i was thinking of somehow building a logo into the picture or using half the image to fade into the logo. Im really much more of a developer than a graphics guy so i am trying anything here really.

Try popping one of these glass panels on the image: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=30745&start=0

Its amazing the diference you can make with a little touch ups, thanks for that.

Also i like the idea of the glass effect. I will have a look and see if i can get that on there and looking good somehow. I might be able to put the logo text on it as well which may look good, will have to see.

Thanks both once again.