Problem with Plugins

I posted a tutorial a few days ago on a graphics site, and one of my friends were going to do it. But, they can't find the "Selection" tab under effects. Here is what I am talking about:

GEisQtIAxpMyuzcuxpD6Vg148326

It just isn't there for him. He updated to the newest version, and his computer has all of the requirements. Any idea what is wrong?

he probably doesn't have boltbaits pkg of plugins installed. as they are what shows up under selection. tell him to download boltbaits pkg .... his effects list will auto fix to show selection then.

edit for some reason that link will not show up.

I tried re copying it here http://image.wetpaint.com/image/3/GEisQ ... D6Vg148326

ciao OMA

Oma is quite correct. Boltbait has three effects which reside in the Render>Selection menu, Bevel Selection, Outline Selection & Feather Selection.

You can find them here: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=22819&start=0

Note that, as ususal, you will need to install then reboot Paint.Net for the effects to appear.

you didn't say he made sure he unzipped that download are any of the other plugin in the pkg showing up?

if not he may have run into the problem I had when I first started. My computor unzipped and put them within another file inside effects I had to copy them from the file my computor made automatically and paste direct into effects.

also as EER pointed out Bolt Baits plugins require a reboot of computor before they show up.

if those are not the problems the standard proceedure is to post a note in BoltBaits plugin download thread and he will help you out.

I see you said he has latest version of paint.net but does he also have latest version of plugin pkg? they need to be done manually.

ciao OMA

If he's still having problems, have him register with the forum and ask himself so we don't have to use a third party. :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

You're welcome!

BTW that was good advice that d.a. recommended!