Resources to learn how to write plugins?

johnmortal

All right, it is late and maybe I am just missing it. I am completely new to writing paint.net plugins and am looking around for some sort of documentation on doing so, e.g. if its a dll I write what is the interface I need to implement, how do I get/modify pixel data, etc...and I am sure it is there, but I am just not seeing it. Where do I look?

-John

Most of the tutorial code is based on codelab. That is a very nice tool to minimize the effort in writing a plugin.

Is there a geniune API, even if really poorly documented?

At least similar to what one would get running JavaDoc to on java code to document the public methods?

The signature of the public methods would possibly even be useful if that's really all there is.

For instance, what else is stored in EnvironmentParameters besides GetSelection (can I get the bounds of the actual image?) or can I use this.EnvironmentParamters.GetSelection to get the actual selection even if it isn't rectangular (stored presumably as either a delegate which returns true/false about which pixels are in the selection and/or an iterator over the selection or something like that)

It could be anything, but of course I don't know without some basic API info. Is there anyplace I can come by it?

-John