What should Paint.Net have?

I just want to mention that I don't want to make Paint.Net a Photoshop clone, but these are some functions that programmers should implement in Paint.Net.

-Professional color adjustment (exposure, contrast, temperature, tint, sharpness...)

-Professional selection tools (Magic Wand based on more criteria)

-More brush types (Native Windows 7 Paint has more!!!)

-More layer types and a possibility to group them

By the way, Paint.Net should have:

-Adobe RGB support

-Ribbon design (like Office 2007)

-Possibility to send photos to popular sites (Flickr, Facebook, Mobile Me...)

-Add-in management (a easy way to add or remove plugins)

Anyone wants to add anything?

I just want to mention that I don't want to make Paint.Net a Photoshop clone, but these are some functions that programmers should implement in Paint.Net.

-Professional color adjustment (exposure, contrast, temperature, tint, sharpness...)

-Professional selection tools (Magic Wand based on more criteria)

-More brush types (Native Windows 7 Paint has more!!!)

-More layer types and a possibility to group them

By the way, Paint.Net should have:

-Adobe RGB support

-Ribbon design (like Office 2007)

-Possibility to send photos to popular sites (Flickr, Facebook, Mobile Me...)

-Add-in management (a easy way to add or remove plugins)

Anyone wants to add anything?

Instead asking for this and that while having less than 10 posts.

Why don't you use Paint.NET more , try all the wonderful plugins and be on the forum a little longer.

Some of what you asked can already be done, and some of them already been requested.

Some will come in later version, some won't.

Edit: I should just lock this post just for.... :evil:

-Ads in Paint.Net
The_next_thousand_words_by_0_ASH_0.png

All creations Ash + Paint.NET [ Googlepage | deviantArt | Club PDN | PDN Fan ]

Instead asking for this and that while having less than 10 posts.

Why don't you use Paint.NET more , try all the wonderful plugins and be on the forum a little longer.

Some of what you asked can already be done, and some of them already been requested.

Some will come in later version, some won't.

Edit: I should just lock this post just for.... :evil:

-Ads in Paint.Net

Plugins are really wonderful, but You didn't understood what I wanted to say. I meant that Paint.Net cannot be famous because only of the plugins that it has. It has to have more built-in functions, plugins should be only additional content.

Plugins are really wonderful, but You didn't understood what I wanted to say. I meant that Paint.Net cannot be famous because only of the plugins that it has. It has to have more built-in functions, plugins should be only additional content.

NOTHING!!!

Plugins are good, but the core application has to do something more than "run" them. An ideal graphic editor (or some other program) must be in-depended in it's work. Im mean that Paint.Net without plugins should also have all the required features. If someone wants more, that he or she could download them from the internet.

NOTHING!!!

Plugins are good, but the core application has to do something more than "run" them. An ideal graphic editor (or some other program) must be in-depended in it's work. Im mean that Paint.Net without plugins should also have all the required features. If someone wants more, that he or she could download them from the internet.

I don't want to make Paint.Net a Photoshop clone

and you want all those things? LOL.

PDN is designed to be easy to use at home for those people who like to do a fair bit of image editing to their photos etc. and dont wanna buy PS or anyother complicated image software. The tools and effects that come natively with PDN are enough to do some major things. Plugins just help do more or these things easier.

Like Ash said, get to grips with PDN first. It does have to power to do awesome things.. just take a look at Ash's work..

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

I don't want to make Paint.Net a Photoshop clone

and you want all those things? LOL.

PDN is designed to be easy to use at home for those people who like to do a fair bit of image editing to their photos etc. and dont wanna buy PS or anyother complicated image software. The tools and effects that come natively with PDN are enough to do some major things. Plugins just help do more or these things easier.

Like Ash said, get to grips with PDN first. It does have to power to do awesome things.. just take a look at Ash's work..

☆★☆★Merry Christmas★☆★☆

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

You don't want to say that adding "Send photo to Flickr" or "Send photo to my Mobile Me account" in the File menu is a hard think to write in C#. Or, telling users to dig in the Program Files folder is better then adding a simple Add/Remove plugin manager? Paint in Windows 7 doesn't have pro brushes, doesn't let create them, but the default brush in Paint.Net is boring.

The new features must not be pro looking, they should be easy to use.

You don't want to say that adding "Send photo to Flickr" or "Send photo to my Mobile Me account" in the File menu is a hard think to write in C#. Or, telling users to dig in the Program Files folder is better then adding a simple Add/Remove plugin manager? Paint in Windows 7 doesn't have pro brushes, doesn't let create them, but the default brush in Paint.Net is boring.

The new features must not be pro looking, they should be easy to use.

Just like your last topic asking for newer version of Paint.NET....

Have you fully mastered the current version? and all it's functions?

If you must have all you want RIGHT NOW, either..

Use one that have what you need, or write your own app.

Please don't coming in here yapping your mouth and let Rick work with his own time table.

Oh, and don't say something is "not hard" unless you are able to do it.

ie. write your own image editor with all the functions you are asking for.

Just like your last topic asking for newer version of Paint.NET....

Have you fully mastered the current version? and all it's functions?

If you must have all you want RIGHT NOW, either..

Use one that have what you need, or write your own app.

Please don't coming in here yapping your mouth and let Rick work with his own time table.

Oh, and don't say something is "not hard" unless you are able to do it.

ie. write your own image editor with all the functions you are asking for.

Seriously dude, all these topics do is piss of the Mods and creators.

They are constantly working on it and some1 who has no programming background or any idea if things are even possible come in and say "do this this and this, and get to it."

That would piss me off pretty bad, try to think of yourselve in there shoes. They are making an image editing program, they probably have a good idea of what needs to be in it.

Think before hitting submit.

Seriously dude, all these topics do is piss of the Mods and creators.

They are constantly working on it and some1 who has no programming background or any idea if things are even possible come in and say "do this this and this, and get to it."

That would piss me off pretty bad, try to think of yourselve in there shoes. They are making an image editing program, they probably have a good idea of what needs to be in it.

Think before hitting submit.