JPEG format quality and Smoothing the edges

JPEG images do look great on Paint.NET but when you save it and use it another websites the quality looks terrible. Is there anything you can do to fix it? I have to save my pictures as png format for better quality.

Also one more question When i use the Magic wand and cut the sides, the sides doesn't look smooth...

Also one more question When i use the Magic wand and cut the sides, the sides doesn't look smooth...

That's because they're aliased. Search for "Anti-alias plug in" or "Feather"

Also, when you use either of those two, make sure the object your :AntiAliasingOn: is on a separate layer.

We should all be... Alive...

40945_1368895504325_1289821857_30902863_6462857_n.jpg

|Lightning|My Dome|Pokemon sig tut|

Unless there's some specific reason you have to use JPEGs, I would recommend using PNGs instead, both because they have better quality and because they support transparency.

Also, if you really want true anti-aliasing on your cutouts, use Alpha Masking instead of the Magic Wand. To get the plugin, search for "alpha mask import" in the plugins section on this forum. To learn how to use it, check out the tutorials by Crazy Man Dan, both accessed from this page.

Photobucket Sucks!

JPEG is a lossy format, meaning the algorithm to save an image as a jpeg discards or changes some of the image data in order to make it compress to a smaller filesize. It's suited for photographs, where the natural variations in the image tend to make the "compression artifacts" far less noticeable.

PNG is a lossless format. When you save an image as a PNG, the saved file will be exactly what you saw on the screen when you clicked save. Due to this, it's generally not capable of achieving as small filesizes, but is better suited for non-photographic images, such as logos, that tend to have large patches of single colors or gentle gradients. JPEG artifacts are far more noticeable in these types of images, so PNG is the preferred format.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!