Line / Curves Trying to Find A Plugin Or Solution For Below

Go to solution Solved by Roly Poly Goblinoli,

The Image below is created using the line curve tool and my desired effect is on the left with the colored lines following its former curve.

The effect on the right is using paint.net's effect for filling and its using a fixed pattern rather than a continuous path that follows the curve.
I'm wondering if there is any plugin out there that gives me an effect similar to the curve on the left of this image.
I wonder if the plugin could function by filling into the curve by what's copied in the clipboard rather than paint.net's default options of solid color or percent's.

This left curve has its lines distanced accordingly 3,5,5,4,5,5,3 with 4 being clear and the seperator.
I am really wanting a solution because that saves hours of my life just pasting, moving and coloring pixel by pixel. Thanks in advance.

image.png.d5a414c20cf21d3b9133ded01ce10024.png

Its not all parallel and the result I'm exactly looking for is something that can appropriately distance the lines in a bend, or curve pixel by pixel.
Clean pixels no bleeding like shown in the picture below.

image.thumb.png.826409500a967cd16bb09849162ab429.png

Welcome to the forum @Mostavo

It may be possible to draw your multi-line pattern directly using a custom brush in Dynamic Draw.

See https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/110673-dynamic-draw and https://github.com/NinthDesertDude/Dynamic-Draw/wiki/How-to-Use-Dynamic-Draw

I'm sure an expert will be along soon to confirm whether this is feasible.

Been messing around with Dynamic Draw and so far It's trying but it gives jagged lines and in between the curve it pinches leaving behind pockets.
I've been looking at the settings the plugin offers for a while and It doesn't have the tools for the desired effect I'm looking for.

Thank you for the suggestion though.

image.png.45f749c3ee09194b14ee4a0e4d83b129.png

2 hours ago, Mostavo said:

Thank you for the suggestion though.

Have you tried drawing straight lines and then warping/bending them?

Using paint.net's line / curve tool and or rotating and stretching the images doesn't give a clean image.

If you meant by warping or bending in the DynamicDraw plugin I didn't find a tool that does that

image.png.4be43a10c7df86202e3f99489a79ff90.png

image.png.049d12478bed63d7e81dc8cd218c6e8d.png

• Solution

Dynamic Draw isn't especially good as an exact tool (lines, curves, ellipses, other shapes). You can use the full-square brush and jagged smoothing for the best bet on avoiding aliasing. Otherwise, try ribbon brushes in firealpaca which is an alt free software, there isn't much else that I know of that would do this. And I'm not sure it's going to be exact on a pixel level, but it might be, it depends on how strong the distortion is

• You're a Smart Cookie! 1

• Pixey changed the title to Line / Curves Trying to Find A Plugin Or Solution For Below

Using FireAlpaca I got this, the green marked road is the one I created using anti-alias tool, not to the T of how I wanted it but it delivered something wayy better, it's good enough so thank you.
This saves me so much time tyvm.

image.png.5e811c22b7db3aca682802ff25b000c2.png

• Upvote 1