Turning a colorful image to a flat B&W image

Hello everyone!

I attach two files to this topic:

• The image I want to edit => FM Attack logo
  • The result I want to achieve => black and white logo

Basically, I would love to turn the FM Attack logo into a flat white on black image in which all text will be easily readable, in order to print it on a tshirt. Is there any relatively easy way to do that in Paint.NET? I tried posterizing as well as Floyd-Steinberg Dithering (with the BoltBaitPack plugins), but I had very, very mixed results.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Alpha Blank.jpg

FM_Attack.jpeg

6 hours ago, Spigaw said:

. Is there any relatively easy way to do that in Paint.NET?

Not really as there are so many shadows.

You could do it painstakingly via the Magic wand and play with the Tolerance to pick up the outlines, make a new layer, and add the white.  Then, with the rectangle select tool, go over to neaten it up.

1.  Remove the background from here:  https://www.remove.bg/

Magic-wand-and-Tolerence.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

6 hours ago, Spigaw said:

I would love to turn the FM Attack logo into a flat white on black image in which all text will be easily readable

How?

You need to decide what colour you want the 'FM' letters to be and what colour you want for the 'Attack' letters. You can't have them both white or both black, and you can't have them the same colour as the background otherwise parts of them will not be visible.

The example 'AB' image you showed has its black AB letters wholly contained within a white area. Your 'FM Attack' image does not have the same arrangement; the letters overlap, so will need to be different colours if you want them to be readable.