Color Control interface "window" is hiding from me ...

I run a multi-monitor setup, and tonight I got what I THOUGHT was a brilliant idea.  Since I work with PDN in my largest and best monitor to get the largest pixel-count on my canvas, why not give myself more "art" room by moving the various auxiliary "windows" (Tools, Layers, Colors) to other monitors  The entire MONITOR would be devoted to PDN!!!!  This seemed especially clever because the monitor just to the right of the prime monitor is mounted in portrait orientation, which would allow me to see more Layers and make it far easier to re-order Layers (no need to move a layer 16 times, if you can see 4x as many Layers and only have to move it four times, right?

Anyway, the Layers window and the Tools window do a very nice job of staying where I put them, and it really does improve workflow, but ......  The Color window/tool randomly decides to move upward, such that only about half of it remains on the screen.  Everything above the Palette is off-screen.  Since the top "row" is not visible, it is not even possible for me to drag it back where I want it.  I only way that I have found to get it back somewhere that I can use it ... is to shut-down PDN.

Is this a known issue?  Is there a workaround?  For instance, is there a way to move these "windows" with keystrokes, rather than the mouse, since I cannot get my cursor to that top row of the partially-offscreen "window?"

ETA:

Since those auxiliary windows are no longer blocking my canvas, is there a way to make them bigger and/or to make their CONTENT larger and thus easier to read?

Edited by HankP

2 hours ago, HankP said:

only way that I have found to get it back somewhere that I can use it ... is to shut-down PDN.

Reset your auxillary windows with Ctrl + Shift + Click on the icons top right of the main window. REF: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ColorsWindow.html#3

2 hours ago, HankP said:

Since those auxiliary windows are no longer blocking my canvas, is there a way to make them bigger and/or to make their CONTENT larger and thus easier to read?

You can resize them, but not the content.

If relocating the windows is problematic, try the Single Rimmer salute. It might be easier in the long run to just hide/show the windows as you need them.

9 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

You can resize them, but not the content.

Thanks.  For some reason, the context clues when hovering over the icons was not showing (f8, etc), but now it is again.  That was the first place I checked.  Weird.

I cannot seem to resize the AuxWindows.  I take my cursor to the corners of the AuxWin, but the pointer does not change and I cannot drag to a different size.  Is there another method, that I am missing?

Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Rick Brewster said:

Only History and Layers can be resized that way.

Thx.  I've resized Layers often, as I described above.  Never even used History, though I should probably study it.