Combining the tools windows?

dold

I started using Paint.NET for all of my graphic editing about a month ago and the thing that I find most annoying is how the tool windows (Tools, History, Layers & Colors) get in the way when I'm working at 100% or more scale. I have to constantly move them/close them when I'm working with corners or edges.

Is there a way that I can combine the windows together (like the Tools bar in MSPaint) or make them not overlap the image so that they don't get in the way? Or is there an extension to help me?

There is also the four-fingered salute: press F5, F6, F7 & F8 simultaneously. Repeat the process to make the four windows visible again.

For those of you who love Red Dwarf, I'm going to start referring to this simultaneous key combination as the 'Single Rimmer'. To make it into a 'Double Rimmer', perform two loops of the hand from the wrist before hitting the keys with a flourish. boltbait.big_smile.png

• 2 years later...

Probably something like this:

yhsjjie-127.png

BTW:  This thread is dead.  Has been for years.  Please resist the temptation to revive old topics (Forum Rule #11).  Instead, just start a new thread.  Thanks.

<locked>

• Tactilis changed the title to Combining the tools windows?