Levels as a brush?

Hi, I love Levels to enhance images, and I want to know if there is a brush that could apply adjustment to a specific area, like eyes.

Often eyes have no depth of colour in my pics, and I often fiddle with little result.

So is there a plug in or could one be made to brush level colour adjustment?

ds,

Warm regards,

Paul

3 hours ago, PaulS said:

Am I missing something?

I think what @BoltBait was trying to say is that you should erase the eyes on the top layer, so that the eyes on the bottom layer which has the levels adjustment applied become visible on the combined image.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

1 hour ago, null54 said:

I think what @BoltBait was trying to say is that you should erase the eyes on the top layer, so that the eyes on the bottom layer which has the levels adjustment applied become visible on the combined image

@PaulS It's useful to experiment with the Brush Size and the Hardness settings when using the Eraser tool. A low Hardness will help you create a smooth transition between the enhanced and normal area at the outer edges of the eyes.

The big advantage of the approach @BoltBait recommends is that, having erased the area on the top layer where you want the bottom layer to show through, you can switch back to the bottom layer and keep tweaking the Levels adjustment until you get exactly the enhancement effect you want.

• 2 weeks later...