(2 minor observations) When PDN opens up an  existing img ...

(two minor complaints, or Observations)

When PDN opens up an  existing image,   . . . 

(1)  the img is a bit too big on the screen (for my taste),  and i'd want to make it smaller and move it to the top of the screen    (usually Top, Left)

• (usually Top, Left) --- the reason for this must be obvious -- i'm opening up an  existing image usually to run an effect on it, and the effect-control-menu opens up on the RHS (right hand side).

(2) but i can't move it with my Mouse-Wheel  because the image is "frozen"   -- i have to 1st unfreeze it by making it smaller by  (Control +  Mouse-Wheel-rotation).  ---------  (is there another way to unfreeze it?)

---------- So this means that ... There are 10 or so steps i have to do (almost every time i use PDN) -- (Computers were invented so that human don't have to do the same things 20 or 40 times a day)....  early Windows versions were full of these, and today, Windows forces me to do the same 10 or so steps (most noticeably) in two ways:

1.  (e.g.)  When a folder is full of img files,  Windows second-guesses my intent and gives me the Thumb-nail view...  Sometimes i change it back to the Details view that i prefer.  (it's a bit comical, when Windows changes it back to the unwanted Thumb-nail view, only seconds later.)

2. (e.g.)  When  i do a Right-Click on an img file, 99.99% of the time, i want to open it up by PDN -- but Windows annoyingly buries the [Open-with]  option  hidden toward the very bottom.

Edited by HenryH

Could you take full-screen screenshots showing:

1) The image after you have just opened it, i.e when it's "too big on the screen (for your taste)".

2) The image after you have resized it and moved it where you want it to be.

Post them here, or preferably upload them to imgur or postimages and post the links.

• Upvote 1

@HenryH I know exactly what you mean. When opening a very large image, it opens to fit PDN's app space, say at 50% (with no scroll bars).

There is no other way to enable the scroll bars other than what you are doing or go to the status bar in the lower right-hand corner and hit the minus (-) sign for the view size to enable the scroll bars. An image will always open in a 'fixed' position. That is the way PDN is designed.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, lynxster4 said:

There is no other way to enable the scroll bars other than what you are doing or go to the status bar in the lower right-hand corner and hit the minus (-) sign for the view size

Or keys:

Zoom out      CTRL -
Zoom in        CTRL +
Zoom 100%  CTRL 0

• Upvote 1

image.png.35ba50758c0e36a5ac2002956c2e147e.png

So...  maybe the default should be (could be)    [UNfrozen,  Top-Left]   --  as shown above.

i'd want to make it smaller and move it to the top of the screen    (usually Top, Left)

• (usually Top, Left) --- (the reason for this is...) -- i'm opening up an  existing image usually to run an effect on it, and the effect-control-menu opens up on the RHS (right hand side).

23 minutes ago, HenryH said:

maybe the default should be (could be)    [UNfrozen,  Top-Left]   --  as shown above.

Some people layout their Tools/Colors/Layers/History windows in different positions to yours. Top left would not be appropriate for them.

Two questions:

Do you always zoom out the image so that it slots in the space next to the Tools window?

Are the images you open always the same number of pixels width & height?