is there any way to save a .DDS in the ATI2 or ATI2/3Dc format? has there been an addon that lets you do that?

I'm currently working on a graphical mod for a game, and while paint.net lets me modify .dds files in various formats, one of the important ones that i need but don't currently have is the ATI2 format. is there an addon that lets you do this, or would i have to pick a different program entirely?

5 hours ago, smol_cube said:

I'm currently working on a graphical mod for a game, and while paint.net lets me modify .dds files in various formats, one of the important ones that i need but don't currently have is the ATI2 format. is there an addon that lets you do this, or would i have to pick a different program entirely?

ATI2 should be the same as BC5 (Linear, Unsigned), the only difference is the four-character-code that DirectXTex uses when saving the file (BC5U instead of ATI2).

I will add support for saving the legacy ATI1 and ATI2 formats to DdsFileTypePlus.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

5 minutes ago, null54 said:

I will add support for saving the legacy ATI1 and ATI2 formats to DdsFileTypePlus.

Does this add a new file extension or is it still .DDS?

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

31 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

Does this add a new file extension or is it still .DDS?

It is still .DDS.  However, this will require updates to the translations. I can probably do that myself when submitting the PR.

Making a copy of BC5 (Linear, Unsigned) and changing it to BC5 (Linear, Unsigned, ATI2) does not require any new text to be translated.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

@smol_cube DDSFileTypePlus version 1.12.5 now supports saving the ATI2 format.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png