Custom Line/Curve Feature

Go to solution Solved by Red ochre,

Hello.  First time poster here.  I'm trying to place a design as trim for a football jersey for a game that allows us to create custom uniforms. I read in an old thread from five years ago that custom Line/Curve was unavailable then.  I'm wondering if anyone has created a plugin or a technique on how to do so.  To clarify, the idea is to use the design below as a trim around the black-colored area on the jersey.  I'm trying to replace the gold trim that is around the black-colored section of the jersey with the custom design below.  I tried using the Magic Wand feature to highlight the gold trim and then Effect>Fill>From Clipboard option via BoltBait's plugin, but its not the look I'm looking for.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

image.png

sample.jpg

Edited by Lord Destro
added a few more words

Hello @Lord Destro and welcome to the forum :) 

One way, although a bit tedious, would be to use the Liquify Plugin.  You will have to eye ball the approximate shape of the trim and then align it afterwards.

use-Liquify.png

Liquify-on-shirt.png

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

There is also Grid Warp which may work too.

1. Have the trim and the football player on their own layers.
2. Hide the trim layer and move to the layer below with the ball player.
3. Edit/Select all, then Edit/Copy Merged. This places the ball player on the clipboard.
4. Return to the trim layer you wish to warp, unhide it and open Tools/ Grid warp.
5. Change the grid size to what you want.
6. Click on Change Interface color wheel and click on Clipboard.

Grid-Warp.png 

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

13 hours ago, Pixey said:

There is also Grid Warp which may work too.

1. Have the trim and the football player on their own layers.
2. Hide the trim layer and move to the layer below with the ball player.
3. Edit/Select all, then Edit/Copy Merged. This places the ball player on the clipboard.
4. Return to the trim layer you wish to warp, unhide it and open Tools/ Grid warp.
5. Change the grid size to what you want.
6. Click on Change Interface color wheel and click on Clipboard.

Grid-Warp.png 

13 hours ago, Red ochre said:

I think TR's paste frame will work for this.

Copy your chevron image to the clipboard then lasso a selection on your player image and run paste-frame.

Thank you both for you all's help. The route I chose was TR's Paste Frame.  First, I used the Lasso feature, but I wanted to design to go different directions. So, what I did was used the Line/Curve option and changed the direction for each line.

Untitled.jpg

• Upvote 1