How to Install Plugins ×

BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2024-01-05)

BoltBait

Please show us the actual error message; it's been cropped out of your screenshot.

If I were to guess, you have two version of the BoltBait pack installed. The old one and the new one.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

As I said before, you have two versions of the plugins installed.

Delete the old version of the plugins. You have them installed here:

C:\Users\WinX\Documents\paint.net App Files\Effects\

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Hi BoltBait, thank you for the plug-in, it's very useful and I'm very grateful it has been made!

I happen to use the "Artistic > Dream" effect a lot, in order for me to be able to remove the edge grains and transparent pixels around the lines once I'm done coloring and shading my drawings.

However, since its latest update (6.0), a blurry black frame effect has been added to this plug-in and there's no way for me to do anything about it (no gauge, no check boxes) if not remove it, since I have no use of it and if I put it in, removing it on my own would mess with the quality of my drawings. I can't use the older version of the plug-in since it has compatibility issues with the current version of pdn.

The following is an example of black blurry frame that now gets added each time I use this plug-in, and the settings box.

image.png.0b753bbd2dd496f8f135d617848bb8ff.pngimage.png.6dcc3d2a03433b146f859394bef6a4c4.png

I use lots of your plug-ins. Do I have to uninstall / remove them when I put the new ones in, or does your installer do that?

Also, where do I send a donation? This is All New, and Lotsa Work. 

Edited by Marilynx

3 hours ago, Benju-Katchowee said:

I really liked the classic PC vibe it gave off when combined with a dithering plug-in and the new one feels way too polished somehow

Well, that's a new one.  You don't like my plugin because it is too good?!

23 minutes ago, Marilynx said:

I use lots of your plug-ins. Do I have to uninstall / remove them when I put the new ones in, or does your installer do that?

The installer will take care of everything, so long as you check the right boxes. :D 

24 minutes ago, Marilynx said:

Also, where do I send a donation?

Thank you, so much!

Click the "Donate" button in the first post on this thread.  Or, there's a "Donate" button inside the installer.

1 hour ago, BoltBait said:

Well, that's a new one.  You don't like my plugin because it is too good?!

Let me rephrase that actually.

The new bevel makes for a good sleek button or something of the like.

The old bevel, first of all, lets me crank the depth up up a whole lot more, same with the strength and I really like the rim of the base colour around the lighting colour, looks more rounded

bevelthing.png

On 11/30/2022 at 12:19 AM, BoltBait said:

Just an oversight on my part.

I have added in some color wheels in Bevel object and Bevel selection.

image.png

Redownload and install.

Hi there... Wonderful add-on, I have been using it for years. Just updated Paint.net to v5 and reinstalled your addon. I use the selection/bevel feature regularly. However, I would like to report that the light color works on 3 sides, and the Dark Color works only on the bottom, not the right side. It used to work the light color was left/top and the dark was right/bottom.  Is that no longer the case?

Capture.JPG

Edited by euther

3 hours ago, euther said:

Is that now longer the case?

Most of these plugins will not work when you go right up to the edge.  Try making your canvas larger until after using the effect... then crop the image.

image.png

The reason for this is that the effect uses the area around the selection in order to create the effect even though you never see that part.

Hi there, appreciate your plugins greatly!  Just gave pdn 5+ a try and noticed some (I'm assuming) regression type bugs on 'combined photo effects' (i'm on 6.0.8407.22495).  Things I have noticed so far include:

- Temperature/tint adjustments appear to be a float value now, used to be an int, seemed much easier to work with before, but just my opinion on that

- Up/down buttons on temperature/tint adjustments will max out instead of moving in smaller slider increments (again suspect int/float type of bug)

- Default shadow recovery seems like it is 100, should maybe be zero/none?

- When I set all parameters to their defaults and click 'preview original image', the images are different.  If all parameters are default, seems like it should be equivalent to the original?  

I find these photo effects very useful for adjustment of colors/dynamic range on scanned images in general.  I'm a paid user on the windows store, will happily send a donation if some of those get ironed out.  I have noticed really impressive speedups already from the GPU utilization!

Can post more info if needed

Hi!! I'd like to express my appreciation for the awesome work that You do!! The one  thing that i would like to request is for You to Please ,Please, bring the effect of Object Bevel back as it was in the previous program!! I was totally heart broke to lose that and see that the new one Bevel Object was not near as good for me!! With the previous version i could do some pretty awesome stuff that i was pretty proud of and family and friends were blown away with!! It has been exciting and a great outlet since i'v had quite a few hard times in my life. Please would You consider bringing it back as it was previously? I live on a small amount os Social Security and have been very close to death a few times in the past few years however, i would been happy to donate what i can!! Thank You,TJM 

P.SYou do some Awesome stuff!!🦋🌻

9 hours ago, BoltBait said:

Most of these plugins will not work when you go right up to the edge.  Try making your canvas larger until after using the effect... then crop the image.

The reason for this is that the effect uses the area around the selection in order to create the effect even though you never see that part.

Thank you for the quick reply. I have it working now. Appreciate it!

On 1/14/2023 at 7:28 PM, Bravidunno said:

I happen to use the "Artistic > Dream" effect a lot, in order for me to be able to remove the edge grains and transparent pixels around the lines once I'm done coloring and shading my drawings.

However, since its latest update (6.0), a blurry black frame effect has been added to this plug-in and there's no way for me to do anything about it (no gauge, no check boxes)

I have updated the Effects > Artistic > Dream plugin to make the vignette optional.

image.png

I also added the Effects > Photo > Sharpen Classic plugin to the pack.

image.png

On 1/15/2023 at 8:03 PM, gusto_pdn said:

- Temperature/tint adjustments appear to be a float value now, used to be an int, seemed much easier to work with before, but just my opinion on that

Changed Temperature/Tint slider in Effects > Photo > Combined Adjustments to be integers with the range of -100 to 100.

Check the download in the first post of this thread.

More updates coming...

50 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

I have updated the Effects > Artistic > Dream plugin to make the vignette optional.

image.png

I also added the Effects > Photo > Sharpen Classic plugin to the pack.

image.png

Changed Temperature/Tint slider in Effects > Photo > Combined Adjustments to be integers with the range of -100 to 100.

Check the download in the first post of this thread.

More updates coming...

Thanks for the update! Really appreciate it!

• BoltBait changed the title to BoltBait's GPU Accelerated Plugin Pack for Paint.NET v5.0 (Updated 2023-01-17)

Greetings BoltBait.

I am not a graphic artist and have only really been really using Paint.Net for a few months heavily (have used other graphic tools). What I found was that Paint.Net was the easiest for me to learn how to work with layers and your plugin pack for pre- Paint.Net 5.0 worked for me seamlessly. 

Last week I finally updated to Paint.net 5.0 and updated your plugin's to 6.4 (just this morning, but I find the same issue with 6.3), previously with your older Bevel Section tool I was able to set it once to the parameters I desired and the beveling would work perfectly for any color's automatically. This was fantastic since I could modify over 300 graphic files each with 20 rectangles in just a few hours by selecting a rectangle that was a flat one hex color and after the first "File | Effects | Selection | Bevel" I could then do Ctrl+F to bevel each rectangle.

Now it seems that when you improved the bevel tool you actually made it harder to use because by default it wants to use white and black automatically to create the bevel.

This is undesirable for my application, would it be possible to have an auto select of the colors?

Here is a an example, on the left is the rectangle select and bevel that worked for over 6k rectangles I modified using the method above. Now I can't do that automatically, because the default colors for light is now white and for dark is black. Now I'd have to change the the colors (light and dark) for over 40 different colors schemes. The old tool (or old way) worked much better at determining the color to bevel and automatically changing the shade. While your new changes are great for direct control over a few files or one off's its not suitable when you have 40+ colors and you want to bevel 20 rectangles across 300 files.

Is there a way for you to add automatic color selection like how it was pre 6.4, even as an option somehow? Or should I uninstall Paint.net 5.0 and find an older version of it and your old plugins?

Thank you for the great work you have done on both 4.3 and 6.4.

bevel-selection-paint-net.png

42 minutes ago, BoltBait said:

Bevel has always used black and white as default colors. Perhaps you just need to lower the Strength slider. 

Well by Jove that worked! Instead of the 0.75 I was using before (pre 6.4) I had to drop it to 0.30 and it works surprisingly well and no color tweaking needed!

Thank you so much for the tip!

paint.net-byjove.PNG