Paint.NET should be available on Linux

Hi,

I'm working with Paint.NET for years and I love it. It is stable and has just the right amount of features (not too much and not too less).

My main problem is that I switched a few years ago from Windows to Linux Mint. Nowadays I rarely use Windows and I would like to have Paint.NET for Linux, because there is nothing like that for Linux. Please, do it for me and some other lost souls out there.

I know what you want to say now: 

"You should use Pinta, It's a Paint.NET fork that has all the features" - yes it is and it is also a big mess of bugs. I tried to use it several times over a long period, but the quality of this program does not improve at all and the bugs are really terrible and it definitely crashes sooner or later.

"You should use Gimp, is is like Photoshop for Linux" - no, I won't, because I don't need such a program with too many features which also is hard to understand and use at all.

"You can try Krita, <ProgramX>, <ProgramY>" - they are either not good or have not enough features. I have tired them all and none of them is good.

Thanks,

Nico

From the FAQ:

(1) Will it ever be ported to Mac OS, GNU/Linux, or any other operating system?

(2) What about Mono support? Wouldn't that be really easy?

We will not be doing any work to directly support Mac OS, Linux, Mono, or any other platform. We are doing this in order to focus on the best quality and support for the platform that we develop on: Windows with .NET. Also, we simply do not have the resources or expertise to do any of this work.

3 hours ago, Nico78 said:

Please, do it for me and some other lost souls out there.

It's not going to happen. If WINE can handle Paint.NET then it'll work, but it's 100% dependent on them.

• Like 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg