Paint.net crashes, locks up my computer after entering more than ~100 characters of text

I don't think this is a bug in Paint.Net, but rather something that Microsoft did in a recent update to Windows 10. Everything works until it doesn't. The cursor pauses, then stops and it is too late to do anything but a full power-off reset. Or maybe it's just something wrong with my computer. Has anybody else experienced this problem?

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch.

3 hours ago, tanstaafl. said:

Has anybody else experienced this problem?

Yes, my husband and I have noticed this too, when we try to interact online with orders, replying to posts on the News pages we read.

I think it's something to do with the internet/Windows 😕  

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

10 hours ago, tanstaafl. said:

Everything works until it doesn't. The cursor pauses, then stops and it is too late to do anything but a full power-off reset

This sounds like a general computer issue rather than a paint.net one. Does it only happen in paint.net, have you tested for long periods of time in other apps, maybe intensive apps or apps that clearly make use of the GPU like games?