Lost access to paint.net

xRA1Nx
Go to solution Solved by xRA1Nx,

Hello, So i been using paint.net for about 2 years now and i was using it today or yesterday for something and then just a few minutes ago at like 2:30am it says that my free trial has ended when i wasnt even on a free trial. I'm very confused about what has happened as i have already bought the program so idk why all the sudden after all this time its telling me my free trial is over, any help you can provide me would be much appreciated. 

thank you very much for your time have a good day.

~ Cody

5 hours ago, xRA1Nx said:

i have already bought the program

When did you buy it?  You may have to go back to the Windows Store to sort this out.

Some tips from a previous user: 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

i decided that im not gonna get anywhere more than likely with support its probably one of those things that happen on rare occurrence i rebought Paint.net and if it happens again then ill come back as i dont wanna keep buying if im losing access 

thanks for the help just dont wanna waste my time getting nowhere and dont wanna waste yours :)

If it said a free trial expired, that's likely some kind of error with the Store. I would try uninstalling it and then reinstalling it, through the Microsoft Store app. If that gives you errors there may be some command-line stuff that can be done to force it through.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

I too have been using PaintDotNet for years, probably about 15 years.

I donated along the way and purchased from MS Store. While I know I have not paid what I would have to pay to the other guy, it is still irritating to spend further money. I am 78 years young and limited income makes me grumpy sometimes. Sorry . . .

Just checked MS Store, searched for paintdotnet, paint, paint.net, the MS Store says no record found. I really am confused.

Edited by pat71896

Thankj you Rick. I am signed in to Microsoft. I will try again. I love and use Paintdotnet daily. I have a new Dell Inspiron 2-in-1, and just love it!

I love that car you are driving as well. My favorite color is deep blue, so when you grow tired of it, I will come to you and pick it up. Of course, just to take it off your hands . . . 

May you be blessed in ways you have yet to envision.  

• Like 1

I was able to get the download. I went to my account, selected 'my purchases' and found it there. MS acknowledged that I already purchased it, and I am back in business.

Thanks to all for the input. I actually went back to the for sale section and still saw it was "not found." The MS apps were at the top of the list, but no paintdotnet.

Someone indeed tinkered with the search tool. Perhaps it was just an error.