Type size extremely tiny

I'm working with an image off the internet, a image from an old Twilight Zone episode, black and white. it is 1024 x 768, resolution of 3.00 but the print size is 341 x 256 inches!  It's only 115 kb! When I try to place type, even the 288 size is tiny, unreadable. Other files are fine, the size is as expected.

I tried converting to a png and pdn, but the type size remains tiny. Any ideas on why? Thanks!

example1.jpg

^^ this.

Points (image DPI): Points are a unit of length, often used in typography and in print media. One point is equal to 1/72 of an inch. Text rendered in points will be scaled according to the image DPI (Dots Per Inch). The approximate pixel height will be number of points * image DPI / 96

What you're seeing is a pixel height of around 288 * 3 / 96 = 9

It looks ike you're trying to stretch a modest sized image to use as a HUGE poster. Trust me, that is unlikely to end well. The width is 341 inches which is over 28 feet! Surely that can't be correct? If it is, a 3px/inch resolution each pixel is going to be 1/3 of an inch or around 8mm square.