Line Curve Paint.net Bezier is not a Bezier.

@MJW The main difference is that you have more control with Blender/Maya/Inkscape/Krita vector curves than you do with PDN curves. Personally, I don't see a issue since PDN was never meant to be focused on vector. 3D programs has a clear purpose with vector with more control, and raster programs that already support vectors are usually meant for professionals (Not saying pdn can't be used by pros).

Edited by Reptillian

G'MIC Filter Developer

33 minutes ago, Reptillian said:

The main difference is that you have more control with Blender/Maya/Inkscape/Krita vector curves than you do with PDN curves.

By definition, a Bezier curve has two end points and two control points. (Technically, that's only true for cubic Bezier curves, but cubic Bezier curves are by far the most commonly used.) The examples shown in the original comment appear to be multiple cubic Bezier curves attached end to end. That's how Bezier curves are often used; but it doesn't change the fact that PDN's Bezier curves are genuine cubic Bezier curves.

EDIT: A minor correction. Though cubic Bezier curves are far and away the most common for design purposes, I seem to recall that quadratic Bezier curves are used for TrueType, which would make their use quite widespread.

2 minutes ago, MJW said:

By definition, a Bezier curve has two end points and two control points. (Technically, that's only true for cubic Bezier curves, but cubic Bezier curves are by far the most commonly used.) The examples shown in the original comment appear to be multiple cubic Bezier curves attached end to end. That's how Bezier curves are often used; but it doesn't change the fact than PDN's Bezier curves are genuine cubic Bezier curves.

You get no arguments from me there.  My point is that the OP wanted multiple bezier curves attached to each other, and to be able to manipulate aligned curves at once.

G'MIC Filter Developer

Just now, Reptillian said:

My point is that the OP wanted multiple bezier curves attached to each other, and to be able to manipulate aligned curves at once.

That may be what he wants, and it may be a reasonable thing to want. He just ought to ask for a new feature instead of making false assertions.

• Upvote 3