Tooltip pop-ups

hello,

i am new here and do have a question.

i installed paint.net, but each time i want to change something in the picture, a balloon info or pop-up appears which is rather annoying as it sometimes even covers the button i would like to activate.

it shows plugin, author, copyright and more things.

is it possible to deactivate these info balloons?

i have windows 10 and all of the balloon tips are deactivated, so i guess it must be within the paint.net program.

thank you for a response and i hope i have choosen the right place to post this question.

kind regards,

john

Edited by john23

20 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

If I'm not mistaken that 'flickering problem" you quoted @toe_head2001 was a different situation, where once you got to the bottom of a very full list of plugins, the cursor jumped all over the place.

• Like 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The tooltip will flash, and/or it will prevent you from clicking the menu item.  They're two different symptoms, but both are caused by the same issue.

It seems John is experiencing the second symptom:

On 8/24/2020 at 11:08 AM, john23 said:

... pop-up appears which is rather annoying as it sometimes even covers the button i would like to activate.

it shows plugin, author, copyright and more things.

• Like 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

hello,

thank you for responding and taking intrest in beginners questios and issues.

what i meant is (not good in english, not good with computer and new to paint.net), when i hoover over a plug-in, a pop-up balloon (or is it balloon tip) with lots of information which often gets in the way (plugin - author - copyright - http and also location).

firstly as i  am trying different  things out as to what they can do, these square things keep popping up one after another as soon as i hoover over the "button" (for instance curves+...) .

as i have a particular health issue, this "popping-up" is very disturbing to me (one even could describe it as a form of pain) and that is othe reason that i deactivated these tooltips etc. in windows 10, where ever possible.

i know that i am looking at the "curves+..."button, i even remember from whom i downloaded it, and copyright and location i could check elswhere if i would feel like it, so i cannot see the benefit of this sort of information.

thus this feature only causes (in my case) some sort of unpleasantness due to my condition.

my question was - as it does not contain any sort of useful information - if there is an option within paint to deactivate these pop-ups or balloon tips or how it would be called.

and secondly these rather big "square windows" sometimes are in the way when i want to press the button, so i have to move my mouse away and then again have to go to the same feature once more.

i tried to give a better description this time and remain grateful for all your helpfulness.

with kind regards,

john

On 8/26/2020 at 5:44 PM, john23 said:

my question was - as it does not contain any sort of useful information - if there is an option within paint to deactivate these pop-ups or balloon tips or how it would be called.

Sorry, there is no way to disable them.

On 8/26/2020 at 5:44 PM, john23 said:

and secondly these rather big "square windows" sometimes are in the way when i want to press the button, so i have to move my mouse away and then again have to go to the same feature once more.

This particular issue will be fixed in paint.net v4.2.14. You can install a beta build from here:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/116990-paintnet-4214-beta-build-7547/

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab