Paint.Net Installation Error (1603)

I've a few tips from these forums but it didn't seem like people were having the same issue as me. I accidentally installed Paint.net in the wrong file when I first installed it on my computer, so I decided to delete the files and just re-download it onto the correct file. But upon doing this I have been constantly receiving an Error 1603 message. Some threads lead me to believe it was because I had an outdated Microsoft .Net Framework, but trying to install it I'm given a message telling me everything is up to date. I also can not uninstall Paint.net from Apps & Features in settings I just am confronted with another error. I just got my computer back recently from me accidentally disabling an important driver attempting to fix a glitch and I don't want to do anything too risky this soon after, does anyone know what I can do?

26 minutes ago, JaxTCEK said:

does anyone know what I can do?

You need to remove the broken Paint.NET installation with this utility before you can reinstall Paint.NET.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

8 hours ago, JaxTCEK said:

... so I decided to delete the files ...

Don't ever ever ever ever ever ever ever do that. Use the provided uninstaller. If you just go in and start deleting stuff, you will break all sorts of things. Don't do that.

• Like 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg