Putting an image in paint.net using c# codelab (help)

How would insert an image using code, and what file would I put it in? Or how could I do it with a URL?

How would make the image start from lets say "Top Left Point (0,0)"?

How would I cut out a rectangle so it is transparent (no background)?

How would I make a rectangle with 1 thickness and start from (0,0 top left) to (0,0 bottom right)?

I have looked everywhere and I cant find an answer. I am using c# language and codelab.

Your help will be very much appreciated.

10 hours ago, RefreshedMango said:

How would insert an image using code, and what file would I put it in? Or how could I do it with a URL?

You could put it in any file. The filename won't matter unless you hard code it and it's path (NOT recommended). Use the FileSelect dialog as a file picker. It will allow you to navigate to the file and (I think) will also accept URL's.

Alternatively you could copy the image to the clipboard and access that from within CodeLab.

How would make the image start from lets say "Top Left Point (0,0)"?

Not sure what you're asking here. Images are generally accessed from the top left corner. Are you asking about copying source [0,0] to destination [0,0]?

How would I cut out a rectangle so it is transparent (no background)?

See the code I posted in you other thread. In it I set CurrentPixel to ColorBrga.Transparent. In the same way you set a pixel to a color, you can set it to transparent. So simply set the pixels in your rectangle to ColorBgra.Transparent.

How would I make a rectangle with 1 thickness and start from (0,0 top left) to (0,0 bottom right)?

In your Render loop insert a test for rect.Top or rect.Bottom or rect.Left or rect.Right. If any are True the current [x,y] location is on one of the four edges. (Re)color it accordingly.

I have looked everywhere and I cant find an answer. I am using c# language and codelab.

There are links to some excellent tutorials here:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/109990-how-to-write-an-effect-plugin-tutorialsresources/

If you're starting out try ReMake's "First Steps" tutorials!