Set different rotation centers for different layers

Hi,

I am trying to rotate both layers (airplane & shadow) in the following image by 1°, save it, make next rotation, save etc. etc. Each layer is rotated separately.

2_engines_large_0.thumb.png.751230e4a71b546b4ffe547646525811.png

My issue is that though it seems to look correctly in the beginning, after 180° it looks differently. Shadow is above the plane.

2_engines_large_180.thumb.png.a7697372bc2f6ff5de8654e721efcdcd.png

Is there any way to set rotation centre to 2 points in the middle of both circles permanently?

Since I need to rotate several images of similar type, setting this centre manually for each rotation(if it changes) would be a huge amount of work. I have created AutoIt script which works just fine except for the issue with centres of rotation.

I appreciate any suggestions for this my issue.

Edited by Romczyk

Greetings,

A simple solution is to use a plugin to set up your Drop Shadow orientation and apply it to the your airplane image after each rotation.
( Click on the link below for an illustrated example )
http://apmauldin.com/Image_Storage/Screenshot_2019_12_22.png

Required Plugin:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Drop Shadow 19 Feb 2008KrisVDM

Creates a highly configurable shadow around an object. Found in Kris VDM's Plugin Pack.See also: #8375

EffectActiveUntestedEffects > ObjectVandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.DropShadow.dll & Vandermotten.PaintDotNetEffects.dll
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Edited by HyReZ
  • Like 1

Hi HyReZ,

thank you for your response. I'll give it a try.

Eidt: plugin looks promising, though has 1 bigger and 1 smaller drawbacks:

Offsets are in pixels, so shadow is IMHO far enough from plane if plane size is smaller, which is not that big deal, since final images are 48*48 pixels anyway, so they can be crated nicely even from 450*450 let alone my 1300*1300 px.

Bigger issue is: plugin is only callable from menu, not by key combination, which would be more difficult to achieve properly from script. Setting shadow once and then resizing doesn't really work.

Edited by Romczyk

Ctrl+F runs the plugin again with the same settings. Note: You only need set the plugin up once for all of your shadows. This animation has all the shadows created using the same settings for Drop Shadow (Ctrl + F).

https://i.postimg.cc/Yq1HQpfn/ship-turning.gif

• Like 1