Moving transparent color?

On 2/3/2019 at 8:34 AM, luisete95 said:

Why do I move the transparency when I move a selection of a transparent layer?

Answer: because you have also selected the transparent pixels inside the rectangular selection.

So why does BoltBait's suggestion work?

Well, Ctrl + X is the keyboard shortcut for Cut. This copies the selection to the clipboard and erases the original.

Ctrl Shift + V is the keyboard shortcut for Paste into new layer. The selection you copied using Cut is pasted into a brand new layer created directly above the active layer.

With the selection on it's own layer, you can move it around without affecting the layer(s) beneath. Cool eh?

5 hours ago, luisete95 said:

It is true. But I do not find useful to copy the transparent color. At least Painit.NET should have an option to move pixels without selecting the transparent color (something that Windows Paint does, though it does not have layers)

Windows Paint does not have layers and that's why they made a workaround for moving pixels.

Layers are way more powerful. Sounds to me that you just need to get used to using layers and you'll be much happier.

Here's a little information to get you started: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/WorkingWithLayers.html