Having trouble downloading/installing the paid version of paint.net

dthayer

Hello,

Although I have been using paint.net for years (and love it!), I am new to this forum.

When I went through the process of upgrading to the newest version this morning, I saw a mention of the Windows Store paid version. Wanting to support the developers (and liking the idea of the auto-update), I decided to purchase it.

The purchase procedure seemed to go fine (and my card was charged). The Microsoft order number is 2791353861.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the Windows 10 version. I'm not sure if this is a paint.net issue or a Microsoft one. I have searched this forum, Microsoft's, and done general Google searches and can't seem to find any mention of my problem.

When I look at my Microsoft Store account for paint.net it shows that I do own it:

image.png.fd6b150baea5e88837469ac7d7be1b48.png

But when I click on the Install/Open button it seems to think I don't own it:

image.thumb.png.6cdc193ae93e73fd6cf616e114398c19.png

And it's not in the "My Library" list when I look within MS Store. When I select the "Install on my devices" pop-up (from the "..." button) I get this:

image.png.df74153d3d60984cfbe152283b96e933.png

I signed out and signed back in to MS and still got the same result. When I check the device (my PC) in my MS account, I get this:

image.png.600d98b3875202bcbc5bd6c7a8d2ef6f.png

I am on the 4.1.5 version of paint.net. I have checked Windows Update and I have all the latest versions of everything.

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any help!

dirk

(If anyone wants/needs more detail just let me know -- I was battling the max post size and had to take out some screen shots. On edit: turns out I had some screen shots -- the ones below -- that I didn't know were there but I can't seem to edit them out to gain room.)

image.png

image.png

Edited by dthayer
Remove unintended screen shots.

Looks like you might be using the Microsoft Store website in your web browser.

Instead, open the Microsoft Store app that's part of Windows.

The icon looks like this:

Microsoft-Store-New-Logo-icon.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

I had a similar issue. The solution (for me) was that my profile on the Store wasn't the same one I used to purchase PDN.  I (finally) figured this out when it told me I didn't have any devices attached to my profile.

I can't remember the exact steps I used to log in with the correct account. I probably logged out and back in again.