New Feature Request: Advanced Tolerance Slider

When working with Paint.NET, I've sometimes had to select all colors with (for example) a red channel value of 255. I've had to ctrl+click with the magic wand with 0% tolerance on global flood mode on each individual color like that (which could include FFFF00, FFFE01, FF0053, but not FDFF00, etc.). As you can imagine, this leads to a very time-consuming process of using the color picker to manually check which colors fit my criteria, and then switching to the magic wand (which is made more difficult by the fact that there's no hotkey for the magic wand tool, as the hotkey the tooltip gives is S, which is just the rectangle select)[never mind] and ctrl+clicking on the color, and repeating until I get all of them.

What I'm suggesting is to maybe have a dropdown menu next to the "Tolerance:" text that allows to specify a tolerance for each individual RGBA channel, which would make working with low-colorcount, noisy JPGs (as well as transparency gradients) much easier.

(a mockup of what this might look like)

753507226_PDNadvancedtoleranceconcept.png.d22de32e05eb9169fe8c6dbd91430a2e.png

Edited by IᶰSᶦᵐᵖᶫᵉTᵉʳᵐˢJᵒʳᵈᵃᶰ
Stricken incorrect assumption
  • Like 1

PDN advanced tolerance concept sig.png

Hi InSimpleTerms, welcome to the forum :)

Just about every feature of paint.net is available via some kind of shortcut. There is a compete list here: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/KeyboardMouseCommands.html

2 hours ago, IᶰSᶦᵐᵖᶫᵉTᵉʳᵐˢJᵒʳᵈᵃᶰ said:

which is made more difficult by the fact that there's no hotkey for the magic wand tool, as the hotkey the tooltip gives is S, which is just the rectangle select

Press S four times ?

• Upvote 1

On 9/25/2018 at 9:41 PM, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Hi InSimpleTerms, welcome to the forum :)

Just about every feature of paint.net is available via some kind of shortcut. There is a compete list here: https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/KeyboardMouseCommands.html

Press S four times ?

Well neat. Thanks for that ??

PDN advanced tolerance concept sig.png

Channel-based tolerance for selections is a plugin on my shortlist for over a year, along with "crawling" tolerance, where the current pixel value is compared to nearby values rather than the original color. This will happen as soon as I have the ability to modify selections by any means.

Edited by Joshua Lamusga