Separate RGB channels if you're too lazy to install a plugin.

KidBrine

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

The first thing you need to know is that this only works for opaque images.

Step one: Open the image. (In this example I will use my avatar (yes I know I need to redo the avatar it's not shaded properly))

xGYTw2.png

Step two: create two more layers of the same image.

xGYytN.png

Step three: create a layer above each existing layer and color them Red, Green, and Blue.

xGYWWQ.png

Step four: set each solid color image's blending mode to multiply in layer settings.

xGHGeO.png

Step five: merge each layer down once.

xGHmrm.png

To recombine the layers into one image.

Step one: set all layers to a blend mod of additive.

xGHoC8.png

Step two: merge all layers down.

xGYPus.png

That's it.

Welcome to the forum @KidBrine.

I am afraid you have violated some of the Rules we have.

Specifically:

1. Tutorials must have screenshots in almost every case.

8. Please don't be in a rush to write tutorials. As a rule of thumb, if you have very few posts (i.e. only a few dozen), think twice before posting a tutorial. As BoltBait famously wrote, "Noobs should be reading tutorials, not writing them." Stick around and learn more before trying to teach; Paint.NET is far more powerful than you think! Start posting your work in the Pictorium, and if your work really wows us, many users will ask you for a tutorial.

-8a. Keep in mind, even if you're not a newbie with Paint.NET but are a newbie to this forum, this rule still applies. As a newbie to the forum, you don't know what's new, what's old, what's been done to death, and what we'll make fun of. Stick around a little bit, learn about how this forum works, and then you might have people asking for a tut.

So, to begin with please can you post your images correctly.  If this tutorial is too simple, it may well get locked by another Mod or Admin - sorry!

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

Welcome to the forum @KidBrine.

I am afraid you have violated some of the Rules we have.

Specifically:

1. Tutorials must have screenshots in almost every case.

8. Please don't be in a rush to write tutorials. As a rule of thumb, if you have very few posts (i.e. only a few dozen), think twice before posting a tutorial. As BoltBait famously wrote, "Noobs should be reading tutorials, not writing them." Stick around and learn more before trying to teach; Paint.NET is far more powerful than you think! Start posting your work in the Pictorium, and if your work really wows us, many users will ask you for a tutorial.

-8a. Keep in mind, even if you're not a newbie with Paint.NET but are a newbie to this forum, this rule still applies. As a newbie to the forum, you don't know what's new, what's old, what's been done to death, and what we'll make fun of. Stick around a little bit, learn about how this forum works, and then you might have people asking for a tut.

So, to begin with please can you post your images correctly.  If this tutorial is too simple, it may well get locked by another Mod or Admin - sorry!

About the first issue, I can't post 7 screenshots with a 256 kb overall limit. I will try to make imgur work though.

About the second issue, I could not find a tutorial on separating RGB channels without plugins.

Another hosting site is https://postimages.org/

You can then either choose the sizes to post on here.  If the image is too large, you can select the URL Thumb - which will be clickable.

If you decide to use Imgur to get a thumb on here, all you do is copy the last 7 digits of the code, go up to the tool bar in your thread ...... black box with a green dot, top right side, and add the 7 digits to the drop down box. 

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I've got to say, I think this is one of those rare exceptions where screenshots are not absolutely required. The rule is:

Tutorials must have screenshots in almost every case.

It be improved by having screenshots, but  I think most anyone could follow it with just the text.

Just now, MJW said:

I've got to say, I think this is one of those rare exceptions where screenshots are absolutely required. The rule is:

It be improved by having screenshots, but  I think most anyone could follow it with just the text.

You posted after I added the new screenshots.

Not my mind, but the following sentence where I said:

Also, the idea that this is a rare exception that absolutely requires screenshots is a bit illogical.

This is getting silly, but you should notice that I italicized "almost." The purpose of italics is to draw attention to the particular word. I was emphasizing that the rule applied to most, not all, tutorials. Reply if you want, I'll have no more to say. I was on your side in my original comment, but I'm beginning to regret it.

EDIT: I think you may have misinterpreted my intention when I said: " I hope you figured out that I meant to say 'not absolutely required.'"  I wasn't trying to say you should have known; I just meant that I hope you didn't add the screenshots on my account, because I meant to say just the opposite.