MohnJadden

Add an animated gif, add other elements, and save as animated gif?

I'm trying to create an image that has an existing animated gif file.  If I drag in the gif and create it as a layer, it doesn't retain the animation.  

I did drop the Animated Image plugin dll to the FileTypes folder, but if I go to save the file, it doesn't have the .agif option.  

is there a way to retain the animation of the gif and then save it as an animated gif?  

Hello @MohnJadden and Welcome to PDN :D

Yes, you can open an animated Gif into PDN. 

First, you must right click on the Gif and choose 'Save As' then add this code :RightArrowBlue: .agif  - to the end of the Gif's file name.  Also, change the' Save As Type' to 'All Files.'

i.e. it will look something like this:  animated-cat-image-0079.gif.agif

Open PDN and search for your renamed file - Go to Open and upload the Gif.  It should then open up all of the Gif into layers.

FYI - here is a tutorial on how to use Midora's Animated Gif Maker.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm trying to open up a gif with the layers exposed, but I don't seem to have Save As in the R-Click Menu. Ideas?

I figured it out. You simply copy and paste the file (to retain the original), and edit the name and replace .gif with .agif. I want to say i've done this before, and just had a brain freeze.

Edited by tome10

<3 Dear @Pixey! I give you a big hug thank you very much,  KISSKISS.gif  I learned something new again, works wonderfully. 

652973.gif  Thank you, thank you, thank you....  :cake: :coffee:

• Like 1