Splitting text color

I can't for the life of me figure out how to do this.  I'm working on a black/white image that I'm going to transfer to a vinyl cutter.  Basically, what I'm wanting is to be able to do is type text on top of black with white, and as soon as it exits the black area, the text turns black on the white background seamlessly.

I'll try to answer your question, but first you need to re-explain what you want. I don't know what you mean by: "and as soon as it exits the black area, the text turns black on the white background seamlessly."

Do you perhaps mean you want the outline of the text? If so, type the text, then run Effect>Stylize>Outline. That will give a black outline on a white background. To convert it to a white outline on a black background, use Adjustments>Invert Colors.

I expect that for vinyl cutting, you need to use vector graphics. If so, you might want to create a raster text image in Paint.Net, then convert it into vectors with Inkscape. If that's what you want to do, you just want to create regular black-on-white or white-on-black text. (I find Inkscape to be difficult to use, but it does work fairly well.)

Alternating text color based on the background color?? Try this:

1. Create a new layer above the Black & White background.

2. Set the Primary color to White.

3. Use the text tool to type your text onto the new layer.

4. Change the Layer Blend mode to Negation.

a_LTERNATINGbw_TEXT.jpg

What Ego replied with is what I want to do.  I'll try that now!

Edit:  Ok, quick update.

I tried that, and it didn't work.  So instead, I ignored the added layer and decided to type my text right on the image layer.  Worked like a charm on the main layer.

I forgot to change the layer properties.

Thank you guys/gals!

Edit2:

Difference, Negation, and Xor all do this effect.  I added this edit for anyone needing to know what modes will do this.

Edited by Isakill
Add information