Floating window plugin - help

Gregos

Hi guys,

I recently started writing a filetype plugin of mine for personal use, exporting multiple txt files(based on pixel data) in a single zip. Thanks to the grate info in the forum it's coming together nicely.
However, I would like to complement it with another plugin that adds a floating window like the Colors/Layers/Tools window(basically containing multiple icons with hard-coded presets for primary and secondary colors... however silly it may sound). 
I found 1-2 old threads that mention it is possible but nothing concrete. Is that still possible? Are there any VS templates I might use? I saw in one thread an alternative colorwheel plugin but could not find sources. 

17 minutes ago, Gregos said:

I would like to complement it with another plugin that adds a floating window like the Colors/Layers/Tools window

Sorry, plugins can't do that; never could.

Here's some more information on the matter:

https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/14566-what-is-and-isnt-possible-when-writing-plugins/

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

7 hours ago, toe_head2001 said:

Sorry, plugins can't do that; never could.

Thanks for the response. I was referring to this old post:
 https://forums.getpaint.net/topic/9121-new-floating-window-disappears/?tab=comments#comment-148730

but I guess it might be from back when PDN was still open. 

Anyway... Forgive my noobishness... from what I read in the post you linked I guess it's not possible to create a non-modal effects window. Is that correct? 
Also, is there some form class/interface that can be inherited to achieve similar look to the floating windows? Or code examples maybe? 

On a somewhat different note(so I know I'm not wasting my time)... I assume there are some application-wide properties to change the primary and secondary colors from within the plugin?

Thanks again for the help. :)

1 hour ago, Gregos said:

I assume there are some application-wide properties to change the primary and secondary colors from within the plugin?

Plugins can not change the primary and secondary colors.

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait