Reverted to 4.0.9 and never updating again

Rick (the developer) acknowledges that the zoom tool is broken in the latest release and he will be releasing the next build soon.  Please be patient.

There is an update in the pipeline which will fix the (currently broken) Zoom Tool.

Until then, use the Ctrl + Mouse Wheel to zoom.

To re-center an off center zoomed image, press Ctrl + B twice (Ctrl + B then Ctrl + B )

• Upvote 1

Please participate in the public beta releases, if you wish to have less bugs in final versions. It seems everyone that tried the beta uses the Mouse Wheel for zooming, and thus the Zoom Tool bug went unnoticed. I for one had nearly forgotten that the Zoom Tool even existed, until people said it was broken.

• Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

zeredek, that is egoist of you putting the developer's work down. You should know that Paint.Net is the work of only one person, Rick Brewster. He gives lots of his time to develop and improve this software for free. It did not cost you anything. Any changes he makes to Paint.Net is for a reason but sometimes he runs into challanges. Instead of  being negative you should support his efforts. Since you are a long time user of Paint.NET you know how this software has evolved and you should be grateful for that. Be patient and constructive. Rick Brewster does what he can and when he can. Too bad for you if you decide to never update. And stop nagging!

• Upvote 6

You can buy Corel Draw X8 for $499,. maybe you can find it cheaper.  Student edition is only $99.  I bought it  and it's great, but after 5 months I am still using this program far more.  The creative effects you can achieve with this software are fantastic and often I find myself stumbling into an image creation that I had not remotely expected or planned for and have to retrace my steps to make sure i can repeat.  In the time I've been using paint.net  it has been improved upon multiple times while Corel has dragged their feet over updating some clumsily implemented changes or longstanding unresolved issues that their paying customers have been complaining about.  I can't believe what I get here for free and the talent sharing that  the programmers put out on a donation basis- and someone should give Rick a cape for what he does to make this free product continuously better.  I recommend this program to everyone- so what the zoom is glitchy- I hadn't even noticed.  Cheers to the guys who keep this program going, it's been a great pleasure to use and learn with and make some fun images.

• Upvote 5

• 2 months later...
On 8/26/2016 at 3:27 AM, Vcbodywork said:

You can buy Corel Draw X8 for $499,. maybe you can find it cheaper.  Student edition is only $99.  I bought it  and it's great, but after 5 months I am still using this program far more.  The creative effects you can achieve with this software are fantastic and often I find myself stumbling into an image creation that I had not remotely expected or planned for and have to retrace my steps to make sure i can repeat.  In the time I've been using paint.net  it has been improved upon multiple times while Corel has dragged their feet over updating some clumsily implemented changes or longstanding unresolved issues that their paying customers have been complaining about.  I can't believe what I get here for free and the talent sharing that  the programmers put out on a donation basis- and someone should give Rick a cape for what he does to make this free product continuously better.  I recommend this program to everyone- so what the zoom is glitchy- I hadn't even noticed.  Cheers to the guys who keep this program going, it's been a great pleasure to use and learn with and make some fun images.

I am new to Paint.NET and find no words exist that can give this software the compliments and praises that it truly does deserve.  Paint.NET was easy for me to learn, does far beyond what I need it to do, has great forums, and did not cost me a dime.

Thank you Rick Brewster and all who participate.  And Rick, please wear that cape with pride.  You are my Hero.

• Upvote 3

I am new to Paint.NET and find no words exist that can give this software the compliments and praises that it truly does deserve.  Paint.NET was easy for me to learn, does far beyond what I need it to do, has great forums, and did not cost me a dime.

Hear, hear!:)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg