Janettsue's Gallery

janettsue

Well I have moved on from my lady. I liked the smudge effect so much I thought I should practice useing it. It is going to take a while to get the hang of it.

I am not unhappy with my castle but I hope to be able to do something with more detail one day. Practice, practice, practice...

castle6-8crystalsz.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Thank you Overkill

Oh but I have worked on her some more Topezia. Faces are new to me. I feel like I have learned a lot working on this. She is a creation of my imagination but believe me she looks better in my head. Even so I am not unhappy with her. Maybe I will try some eyelashes or nostrals next. I used the soften portrait effect. One of my favorite BoltBait effects. At least I think it was BoltBait made it. Then I lowered the opacity changed the mode to additive and put her over a black layer.

workon4.png

"One can't complain. I have my friends. Someone spoke to me only yesterday." EEYORE

Hmm .. what about face 'definition' like wrinkles and such; referring to Ash's smudging work with the 'Silver Surfer'. Although I wish he would post tips of his 'leet' smudging since I'm dieing to do something similar. Nonetheless, the lady is improving, just keep trying, I'm sure you'll eventually get the desired look. Good luck!

siggy1mo8.png

lovemeh.png

Yes, I'm a fan. ;]

I should've posted in here ages ago.. :oops:

Well, i'll comment now.

Your gallery is amazing, you've done amazing, creative and colourful pieces which always look good. This woman WIP is brilliant! Great attention to detail, but i think the hair needs a bit more texturing. However, i just love the work done on the eyelashes! Keep up the great work! :D

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

Thanks for the tip LFC4EVER. I didn't realize da had tutorials as I have not spent much time there but I will look around. I winged it with the hair. I have so had it with this girl. I leave her here for now. I flattened her forehead some, removed some hair and tried to add some texture, made her nose a little bigger, added some more highlighting and gave her red lips. In my file she is now called 'Red Lips'.

redlips2sz.png

• 3 weeks later...

While making my latest image these were saved along the way. Jumble is a plugin that Curtis made that I love.

He said,"I can't see this plugin getting used a lot but I thought it was a cool idea, again, it was just something

I wanted to do to get more familiar with Visual Studio and the plugin template". I for one use it and I'm glad he made it.

I wanted to share how I sometimes work building on a simple image while trying to put them all together to come up with

what I would call a very busy but I hope pleasing end result.

th_jumble1.pngth_jumble10.png

th_jumble103.pngth_jumble47.png

th_jumble52.pngth_jumble63.png

th_jumble65.pngth_jumble88.png

And this is my end result:

jumble101.png

It is chaotic and ordered at the same time. Much how I feel my life has been of late.

I was wondering if I work in an odd way while doing abstracts or if others work in a similar way? I never have just one file open. For this I had

three files open all with multiple layers, saving imiges I like and importing them into another open file along the way until I get where I am going

which is not alway something I know when I start doing an abstract. Very unlike how I work when I am doing a realistic image.

Now that's lovely as usual and it has a depth too, like a soft fog all over it.

I am curious about your method, it is surely better to have more files opened cause one single file with lots of layers usually slow the program down, but don't you get confused?

And after you've picked up all the images you like and reimport them in the new file you proceed with the color blending or else?

Thanks,

Ciao

Thanks topezia. There was a time when I would get confused but not so much anymore.

Also I have been know to exceed pdn's cache memory but it taught me to remember the

first rule of the computer when working on anything that you don't want to lose.

Save early and often

Back in the day I worked on Lotus 1 2 3 a lot and [ /file save ] was my friend.

That must have been one of the first big programs. You could work for hours on Lotus 1 2 3

and if you closed before you saved you lost everything. I love it when that little screen

pops up and ask me if I want to save.

th_jumble101.png

It is chaotic and ordered at the same time. Much how I feel my life has been of late.

I was wondering if I work in an odd way while doing abstracts or if others work in a similar way? I never have just one file open. For this I had

three files open all with multiple layers, saving images I like and importing them into another open file along the way until I get where I am going

which is not always something I know when I start doing an abstract. Very unlike how I work when I am doing a realistic image.

no Janettsue you are not alone in this manner of working I've often as many as 4 or 5 files going. both abstract and realistic images.

very nice compilation you have here. puts me in mind of those wonderful scrapbook papers. the expensive ones!

JanetteSue are you reading my mind! I was working on a rose just now! this is far superior to mine love the richness of the look almost like stained glass. tablet work? or mouse and line tool?

well I'm back to my screen for some touch ups on mine before I post.

love it, love it, love it.

keep those great pics coming.

ciao

You have some really lovely work here Janett , and I esspecially love the children playing on the flowers.. It is so whimsical and fun!! Your abstracts are really amazing as well , they almost remind me of beautiful patchwork quilts and oriental rugs.. Well keep it up and i will look foward to seeing your latest masterpeices :)

Thanks starryeyed I have been a quilter for many years. I have spent decades putting colors and shapes together. My husband says the computer is saveing him a small fortune in fabric.

oma thank you, would you believe I draw with lasso select. I find it a faster way to go. look forward to seeing your rose.

You can see how lasso select would work well on something like this:

yellowflower2sm.png

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks welshblue.

This is a picture of Natalie the cat in her carrier. One of my favorite photos. This one didn't need to be touched up it is CUTE just as it is.

Well I did take a speck off the handle.

hannasz2js.png

More princess Natalie. This one was croped.

HannascatNatalie.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Helen the truth is I don't like her at all. I think she is scary. She needs a lot of work but thank you for being kind.

This is a manipulation of some pictures I took a few weeks ago.

watercolor1.png

I think I like the Windmill best.

windmilloil.png

Janette Sue love that windmill.

I like your little story book girl as well, maybe its the eyes that are throwing you off on that one. can't quite put my finger on why I think its the eyes, but they seem to drill right thru you. Do you know what I mean? very intense , wise beyond her years, I guess would be the correct term. sort of out of sync with the naive personally of the little girl?

that's just a thought, not even sure that's exactly it.

anyways just wanted you to know its always a great pleasure to visit your gallery.

ciao

OMA