WOTW # 17 Discussion Topic

Possum Roadkill

So that`s what the W in WOTW stands for! sEm_oops2.gif

Now the penny has dropped I have to agree as well. Does this mean our entries will be disqualified?

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

Nowhere in the rules does it say that it has to be a wallpaper.

Hmmm.... Wallpaper of the Week...

Ultimately, it's Possum's call.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

You got there fast pyro! I was editing my post as you wrote that! sHa_biggrin.gif

I`ve just seen Possum`s entry and it`s in portrait - and he MADE the rules. So that`s that sorted then. ;)

Edited by Goonfella

Please feel free to visit my Gallery on PDNFans

And my Alternatives to PDN

A wallpaper is the background for a desktop, mobile device, etc.Also, an obscure meaning is the paper that is pasted decoratively on a wall.But in this context, I'm fairly sure it means, or at least it meant this when the contest was born, the background for your desktop. The wallpaper.

Obscure? >:O:roll: What is obscure about the paper that covers a wall? I'm sure the restaurants that we hung wallpaper on the walls for 2 weeks ago will be pleased about that esp. since it cost about $400.00 per roll just for the paper.

I'm inclined to agree with 0(-.-)0 here; these images are fantastic, yes, but I can't set the as the desktop background on any computer I've ever used, nor can I cover my bedroom walls with them.

Why can't you set them as a wallpaper on your pc? Ah, yes, I have 5 icons on the desktop running XP, everythibg is in the taskbar or systems tray that I need regularly. Badger bare it is, so I can see the wallpaper - Welshblue's work in fact. :roll:

Covering the bedroom walls with them will work better if you print them first & use a good quality glue. Blutac sux. :lol:

When I was young we plastered our bedroom walls with magazine centres & free posters. What a great memory. :mtdew: I'm sure Possum & others will agree.

Perhaps we need a clear-cut definition stated in the rules what defines a work useable as a wallpaper?

Just when I was enjoying the parade I need an umbrella for the cats & dogs. Just great. I'm going for multiple :coffee::coffee::coffee:

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

\

Why can't you set them as a wallpaper on your pc?

Well, you see, all these entries look like this:

|----|

|----|

|----|

|----|

but my screen looks like this:

|----------------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

|----------------|

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

I'm inclined to agree with 0(-.-)0 here; these images are fantastic, yes, but I can't set the as the desktop background on any computer I've ever used, nor can I cover my bedroom walls with them.

You could if I printed them all out large enough. I have a really big printer.

When WB gave me the theme idea, that is one of the first things I thought of was that magazines are usually portrait and not landscape. I could have said a magazine in landscape layout, but I thought that it would take away from the spirit of the theme. So I allowed it to proceed as he called it. In my opinion, the WOTW has become more like the Image of the Week anyway. If you worked in my office, you would understand why I say that. Most of the ladies I work with either have their kids/grandkids photos as their background, or one of the standard windows patterned wallpapers or photos like the big grassy hill or the big snow covered mountain etc. Other than when the Colts were going to the Superbowl, and everyone used the wallpapers I made for that event, does anyone really change them. I know that's the long way around the bush to chase the weasel, but I didn't see any harm in changing the format for this weeks theme. The winner will obviously choose the next theme and the theme rules and specifications that go with it.

So with no further objections, all entries are allowed to proceed. (If someone does object, keep in mind that everyone who has already submitted an entry will hunt you down.......and flood your inbox with hateful smilies).

SAC, WOTW and Photo Manip Competition Host

To visit the Comps click HERE

You could if I printed them all out large enough. I have a really big printer.

When WB gave me the theme idea, that is one of the first things I thought of was that magazines are usually portrait and not landscape. I could have said a magazine in landscape layout, but I thought that it would take away from the spirit of the theme. So I allowed it to proceed as he called it. In my opinion, the WOTW has become more like the Image of the Week anyway. If you worked in my office, you would understand why I say that. Most of the ladies I work with either have their kids/grandkids photos as their background, or one of the standard windows patterned wallpapers or photos like the big grassy hill or the big snow covered mountain etc. Other than when the Colts were going to the Superbowl, and everyone used the wallpapers I made for that event, does anyone really change them. I know that's the long way around the bush to chase the weasel, but I didn't see any harm in changing the format for this weeks theme. The winner will obviously choose the next theme and the theme rules and specifications that go with it.

So with no further objections, all entries are allowed to proceed. (If someone does object, keep in mind that everyone who has already submitted an entry will hunt you down.......and flood your inbox with hateful smilies).

You have crushed my soul.

4501470889_5a71ed4d66_o.png

- Any thoughts? -

You have crushed my soul.

Have a cookie, it'll make you feel better. If you want to submit your's as a landscape, as I believe someone did, you can do that as well. I'm not going to disqualify any entries based on the orientation of the layout. Content maybe, but not orientation.

0(-.-)0 - crushed? I thought you were all for stomping?

Possum, that printer is like the one we used for the signwriting...wondered why the office suddenly looked bare :roll:

Wallpaper, orientation, image...its art, its PDN...I'm happy with what's been done so far...just something to keep in mind.

Now may I have a piece of :cake: & :coffee: please? I need some brekky.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Looks like I really messed up with this one ... I didn't think it through.

Oh well, worse things happen @ sea

Yes, like those pesky sea otters. They steal cookies you know.....

I don't think you messed up at all. Sometimes we need to think outside the womb. I think it's a great theme and it's proven in the numbers and quality of the entries. I say well done! I am surprised that there weren't more people who did a landscape orientation magazine as it would be a pretty novel thing to do. I think Barbieq's is top notch and a pretty sharp looking magazine. Makes me wish I had done mine that way. My, I could have put a pretty big race car on the cover !

Looks like I really messed up with this one ... I didn't think it through.Oh well, worse things happen @ sea

Nah, got to get a shake-up every now & then. Messed up is the my first entry in this comp.

That's one of the good things about this forum is that we have a whole community to draw ideas from & we can learn so much from each other & our near misses & stuff ups.

If I could find it I'd give you a bright shiny red apple emoticon.

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

After these encouraging comments, Welsh, I'm so tempted to just "Ya you messed up big time."

But that'd be mean, uncalled for, and untrue (just kind of amusing).

4501470889_5a71ed4d66_o.png

- Any thoughts? -

It looks like the entries are starting to wind down running up to the final hours of this weeks comp. We have some really great entries, and the most we have had in a long time. Good job Welshblue for picking an outstanding theme. Everyone needs to have a new theme in mind should you win. I have learned that in these comps, you just never know who has the winning entry, so everyone should be prepared to have a theme ready. I want to move the voting along, so make sure you vote as soon as I have the poll up. One other thing, please make sure that everyone on the forum knows we have this comp going and they need to take a look at the entries and place a vote. Thanks to everyone who entered ! Great job !

POLL IS UP VOTE NOW !!!!

Let's show our appreciation for these great entries!

Congratulations to all contestants !

Thanks for your entry !

- Possum Roadkill

Winner is cjmcguinnes ! Runners up are Goonfella and A Fleeting Glimpse. Congratulations guys ! You can pick up your ribbons in your PM inbox.

Cjmcguinnes, if you would do the honors of choosing the next theme and sending me a PM, I would like to start the next comp within the next couple of days.

Congratulations cjmcguinnes! Well done!

Congrats to Goonfella and A Fleeting Glimpse also!

Great entries & great theme.

Thanks Possum for hosting!

THiGVp.png

April Jones, 2012

Congratulations cjmcguinnes! Well done!

Congrats to Goonfella and A Fleeting Glimpse also!

Great entries & great theme.

Thanks Possum for hosting!

It's my pleasure, you guys all make it easy to do.

congrats CJ.

a popular win

regards j.d.