Tools toolbar starts maximized

tgl

I assume there is something obvious I am missing.

Each time I start, the Tools toolbar opens fullscreen over the program window:

- have tried resetting the toolbar ctrl-shift-click & ctrl-shift-f5 . . . no change

- have tried exiting the program with X . . . no change

- have tried exiting via File menu while holding down ctrl, and alt and combination of both . . . no change

- have tried an uninstall, reboot, re-install . . . no change

Visual example:

http://screencast-o-matic.com/watch/cD6ZqijEom

diagnostic.txt

Or any other sort of monitor manager like Powerstrip or ATI Hydravision. Even NVIDIA Desktop Manager has been known to cause this sort of problem.

• 2 months later...

I use Hydravision and NVIDIA DM on a 4 monitor setup.

Has been working for over a year in the current configuration.

Anyone have any working solutions? I don't think it's unreasonable to say many people use a multi-monitor setup and considering the two I am using are likely two of the most common multi monitor managers.

No unexplained issues with any other app so it doesn't seem accurate to say that NVIDIA and ATI are "causing" the problem, it would seem that the developer(s) isn't/aren't taking something into consideration in the code.

The History, Colours & Layers boxes all start exactly in the same position as you put them before you close the application, something clearly is not consistent with the Tools box.

it would seem that the developer(s) isn't/aren't taking something into consideration in the code.

Every single time this has come up over the years, it has always been determined to be caused by some external software. Usually a "multi monitor manager" software, which you usually don't even need because Windows can handle it all nowadays.

I don't think it's unreasonable to say many people use a multi-monitor setup

Many people do use multi-monitor setups. That isn't really up for debate, it's just a fact.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Actually neither of the quotes you removed from their context were being debated, but thanks for reaching out.

Every single time a vehicle has hit a deer over the years there was always a third party life form involved, but automotive engineers still designed better headlights, more effective brakes and collision avoidance systems.

It makes no difference to me if the developer(s) keep(s) up, someone else will always be ready to take over with a better product.  I understand though, it can be hard to keep up these days!

Also, I specifically removed Hydravision (as was mentioned in other posts, I assume that was being hinted at by Rick Brewster) from the AMD Catalyst Control Center (I didn't touch NVIDIA settings at all) and the Tools,History, Colors & Layers box all open in the location they were last in when the program was closed again.

14 minutes ago, tgl said:

and the Tools,History, Colors & Layers box all open in the location they were last in when the program was closed again.

Is Tools still opening full-screen following the removal of Hydravision?

Great. Glad to hear that!

You can see why we say things like this...

On 14/01/2017 at 8:05 AM, Rick Brewster said:

Every single time this has come up over the years, it has always been determined to be caused by some external software

;)